-The DIY club-

Everyone has to start somewhere.:) The trickiest part about nappies is probably the elastics. Even people who can sew well usually stuff up on the elastics (not making them tight enough) the first nappy or two. But fitteds will be more forgiving if you use.good covers even slack elastics.will.be usable. If you have access to a sewing machine it really can't hurt to give it a.try :thumbup:
Watch a few tutorials on youtube and start.with old tshirts or towels.etc first and you've got nothing to lose.

Thanks NDH. Can anyone recommend any good tutorials, patterns etc. My Mum has a sewing machine so I can get a lend of that. I've heard that elastic can be tricky to master alright but as I've got it all to learn, what the hey, may as well just give it a whirl.

I didnt find the elastic especially hard. Just make sure you keep it nice and tight, stretch it from in front and behind aswell to keep it nice and tight and use a wide and long zigzag. Backstitch a bit at the beginning and end and you should be reet :) x

What kind of fleece do you need for soakers/longies. Can you use a blanket or does it have to be a particular type of fleece?

Willo, for soakers I.ve been using bamboo fleece. Some fleeces repel instead of absorb.

Sorry, I don't know what longies are?!

Alr the soakers and longies she's talking about are the ones you put over fitted nappies as a water resistant layer :)

Willo, you can use polar fleece but you'll need an extra layer in the wet zone. If you can source some Winpro fleece that's the best stuff to use for soakers and flongies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->