The fabulous arrival of our baby Tabitha <3

XKatX

Reaction score
On Tuesday evening, I was happily doing the washing up, while hubby put our 2 year old to bed. I started to get strong Braxton hicks, but just put it down to a busy day and the fact I had a mild case of tonsillitis. I had had no signs of impending labour what so ever. Hubby came down at 8 and we put dinner on. Half way through cooking, it suddenly occured to me that this may be more than braxton hicks. I told hubby, but again, didn't think anything of it. My last labour was slow labour, which started on the Wednesday and didn't finish til Saturday!

So we were eating dinner and I kept having to stand up to breath through the contractions. At this point, I started to consider this being it. I finished dinner, but was starting to struggle with the pain. So I prepared hubby and rang my neighbour to warn her she may be needed to babysit!

I timed the contractions and realised they were between 3 minutes and 1 1/2 minutes apart and lasting 45 seconds. So I rang the labour ward and surprise, surprise, they told me to go in. I think I was still in denial that this was it!

I called my neighbour back and said that she was actually needed now! Off we went to the hospital. It's only 10 minutes away but I had tonnes of contractions on the way. We got there and they did my paperwork, then examined me. I was still convinced I was about to be sent home - when she announced I was 9cm dilated and my waters were bulging!!! :happydance: She said that once my waters went, that would be it - game on! So we went to the birthing pool room and a couple of contractions later, my waters broke. She had just stepped out of the room, when it felt like baby was about to come flying out! So I got hubby to drag her back!

She took one look and told me to get on the bed quickly and she saw that baby was crowning already! I followed her lead and pushed/panted whenever she told me to - it felt right so I went with it.

4 pushes later and our beautiful baby girl literally flew into the world! I delivered her onto my chest and immediately latched her on for her first breastfeed at 12.29am on Wednesday 17th August :cloud9:

The midwives were amazing and I couldn't have done it without them. The only thing is that it was so fast, we didn't even get chance to run the pool for my waterbirth! It was still perfect though :cloud9:

Congratulations!!! :D It's amazing how quickly it can all happen!

wow! huge congratulations :)

Oh wow Kat what an amazing birth story! well done and huge congratulations to you all on little Tabitha :D

Thats an amazing birth story Kat, congratualtions to you all xx

Congrats, that's wonderful, what a fast and lovely labor! Can't wait to see some pics of your beautiful baby!

Just had to pop back on here to read your birth story hunni! What a fab birth!!! Huge congratulations!!! xxx

many congratulations on your beautiful little girl-I absolutley adore her name!! :cloud9: hope you're not feeling too sore. enjoying being a mum of 2! :cloud9:

Awwww congratulations :hugs: :hugs:

Fabulous choice of name I have to say :winkwink:

Wow that was fast, well done!! Congratulations on the arrival of Tabitha :cloud9:

xx

Congrats hunny, lovely that you have one of each! and it was lovely and quick, like my second one. Makes you want to do it again doesn't it!

Congrats hunny, lovely that you have one of each! and it was lovely and quick, like my second one. Makes you want to do it again doesn't it!

Sure does - shame we're not having anymore really!!! But yes, it was so amazing that I'd pop another out, if only they could guarantee it would be like this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->