The home water birth of Lucy June!

LuckyD

Mum to Lucy and Arlo!
Reaction score
Finally wrote my birth story five weeks later!

I had my daughter at home, in water, but then had to transfer due to PPH.

If you are interested the link is in my siggy - just warning you it's not short! But it was an amazing experience and I wanted to record as much as I could remember!

Your birth story is wonderful, thanks so much for sharing. I can't get over the similarities with mine, https://storyofalittlebump.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/isabelles-birth-story/
I'd like to know how you feel about your hospital stay now? Have you totally come to terms with it, I know I felt a bit resentful to start off with as I'd managed a homebirth, but also see how it was necessary and have sort of separated it from the birth in my mind, if that makes sense? I'm glad mine happened the way it did.
Take care
Kirsty

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Your birth story is wonderful, thanks so much for sharing. I can't get over the similarities with mine, https://storyofalittlebump.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/isabelles-birth-story/
I'd like to know how you feel about your hospital stay now? Have you totally come to terms with it, I know I felt a bit resentful to start off with as I'd managed a homebirth, but also see how it was necessary and have sort of separated it from the birth in my mind, if that makes sense? I'm glad mine happened the way it did.
Take care
Kirsty

Wow Kristy, just read your birth story and they are so similar! Hypnobirthing/Calmbirthing, back labour, birth pool..plus the PPH afterwards. Congratulations on your new daughter and a wonderful birth.
I feel very similarly to you in regards to my hospital stay...I have to say I have consciously decided to feel like this about it though. I think that I began to feel a bit more resentful as Lucy developed a staph infection and I have developed thrush, both which (perhaps wrongly!) I suspect came from my hospital stay and having antibiotics. But like you, it was definitely necessary for me to transfer so I am glad it happened the way it did. And I have managed to separate the experience from the actual birth, which was wonderful. Writing my birth story helped me remember this actually!

Have you had any advice as to how this experience will or will not effect having a home birth in the future?

Hope all is going well with your new family xxx

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i480/mjdos/emoticones/kids/COCHEC1.gif

Hi LuckyD

Hard to find time to go on forums with a little baby, isn't it!
Thanks so much for the message. Sorry to hear you had additional challenges, I think I'd also have suspected the hospital! When I was in for the blood transfusions etc I spoke to one lady who'd picked up 2 infections during the time she'd been in, I think hospitals are similar everywhere unfortunately, although they do their best.
It sounds like we're both thinking in a similar way about our experiences. I've been pondering how I feel about it all. My midwife said a hemorrhage can happen to anyone anywhere, nobody has said to me that there is a bigger risk of it happening again if I had another baby, but I haven't had time to read up on it a lot. I think my labour was fairly long (10 1/2 hours) and I was pushing for a while at the end, which I think might have had something to do with it.
I loved our homebirth and think I'd still do something similar if I was pregnant again, all the advantages we considered about homebirths still ring true, and we were impressed by how quickly they had me in hospital when they needed to, even though we're very rural and the hospitals not nearby. Actually in the hospital our doula asked somebody whether I'd have been treated any quicker if I'd been giving birth there and they said no - as they had to assemble a team, a room, drips etc and that all takes some time - they just started getting everything ready as the ambulance was sent out instead.
If you have had any advice or know anything more about hemorrhages, please do share if you have time.
All going well here thanks, am exhausted with the fragmented sleep and have had some b/f latch problems we've just about worked through, but we're getting through each day. How are things going for you? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->