The hypochondriac mummy in me strikes again.......

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew had his monthly weigh in today and has only gained 1oz (1 WHOLE oz in 4 weeks!) last month's gain was also poor so for 2 months he has gained a total of 6oz :cry:

The HV not overly fussed as he has has Bronchialitus and recovering from Croup so had a few weeks with a low appetite and with crawling and being quite active she is not concerned, but I bl00dy well am!

I always jump to the worse and right now concerned about failure to thrive, he has dropped down quite a bit on the centile charts and weight gain has always be an issue.

Someone please give me a shake, some kids are just meant to be daintly..................................... right? xx

Can I answer that in a few hours? I'm taking Andrew for a weigh-in at 9:30 :D

Seriously though, our Paediatrician keeps fretting about A's weight gain being insufficient. She even demonstrates this by plotting it and showing me that his curve, below all the standard curves, is dropping off.

It's not my fault! I can't force-feed him, he's eating and drinking as much as he'll take!

So long as there is weight "gain" and not weight "loss", I figure things are going in the right direction. I'd agree with you, some babies are dainty and slow-starters when it comes to growth. Andrew had IUGR in the womb - what's to say he doesn't have the same now!

I don't think you can expect babies to put on anything when they are poorly coupled with being really active so he sounds like he is doing ok to me :)

He is bound to have times when he gradually puts on just as times when its not so much at all.

You know becoming a mother is all about worrying about them don't you:dohh:

:hugs:

Bumpsmum! Jaycee had bronchiolitus and RSV which she was hospitalized for. She lost lots of weight and you can see a big difference between her and Chloe. HV told me it will take her a while to build it back up because she was a preemie and they fight a lot harder to do things! They said if I was worried then I could take her to see doctor but they said not to stress about it because she is not overly underweight

I think we can all stress at times so your not alone xx

I would not worry Gillian, if he has been really ill then he would lose lots of weight. He will catch up again soon, movement between the percentiles is to be expected. Emily spent ages on the 9th percentile and I was getting worried that she was too small and not gaining enough weight however over xmas she lept to the 50th and now is back under it again, baby weight is crazy, am more fixated with it then I am my own weight...

You wait he will be back up to his usual percentile soon enough...x

Gillian. Get over it.[-X

Is that enough of a slap?

Ok, now that's done, seriously, I'm sure he'll do just fine. Of course there will be a slower weight gain when he is sick, but the appetite will soon pick up.

You're doing great.:thumbup:

:thumbup: thanks Foo needed that. Must say my psychiatrist said I am making progress as when Matthew had Croup a fortnight ago and had to call NHS24 and go to emergency Dr I did not freak out and start imagining the worse, so progress ladies progress :happydance: xx

Great stuff. Before too long you'll be telling him a broken leg is nothing, he should run it off!:happydance:

I agree so long as hes not losing weight he will be fine! hes buring off his energy crawling and that combined with being unwell will contribute to lower weight gain id imagine! dont worry :hugs:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"