The ick

N

Nerdy

As some of you know, my DS was diagnosed with Coxsackie (HFMD) early last week and was miserable. Luckily the sores in his mouth have subsided and while he's drinking up a storm again, he's still completely disinterested in food :( On top of it all he seems to have picked up some sort of stomach virus along with myself and my sister. Sister and I spent all of Friday night and aaaallll of Saturday feeling absolutely awful and throwing our guts up and dealing with other GI nightmares. Yesterday it started to seem better until we got home from a pumpkin picking outting, and now all three of us are down again. I don't understand this bug, nor do I like it. I'm just sick of the heavy lead balloon feeling in my gut (chief complaint at this point) and the aversion to all things food related. Anyone else been his by this mystery gastric nope?

ugh DH and DS went through something very similar recently. They were both home throwing up and other things all day for about 2-3 days straight. I'm not sure how I avoided it honestly. I hope you feel better!

Maybe check in with your doc since your son had coxsackie recently, too... I had a bad experience once with coxsackie and stomach stuff being related, so my thought it to just talk to your doc and make sure there's nothing they want to do. But that being said, I have a friend with a multi-day long bug right now with vomiting and diarrhea, too... weird because the other stomach bug everyone seems to be getting is a throw up once and done and act fine the rest of the time! Seems they are opposites of each other!

Uggggh I hear that. Usually I puke once, sleep it off, and life is great afterwards. So far I seem to have kicked it in the teeth with hot tea loaded with lemon and honey. It felt like I wasn't digesting anything and I told my hubby "If I wasn't pregnant, I'd hit some lemoncello." and then had the lemon epiphany. This morning? Seems good so far!

Doc basically just told me to relax since Coxsackie isn't an issue in adults most of the time. Said to keep an eye on things, but he'd be more concerned if I was early 1st Tri or getting ready to give birth within the next 3 weeks. Makes sense since a lot of enteroviruses don't cross the placenta.

This cold and flu season is going to be a nightmare. Seriously making me consider getting a flu shot now instead of waiting for this baby to be born.

I think getting flu shot while pregnant is a great idea! It helps transfer some protection to baby when they're born, as I understand it, which is great since they can't get vaccines until they're a little older. Plus, you don't want to get the flu while preggo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->