The late birth story of Jackson.... water birth

louise85

Reaction score
Haven't really had chance to type this up so here goes!!!

4days past my due date (June 25th) I woke at 5am feeing like i really needed the loo, i must of drifted back off and when i woke around 7 it was still there so off i went to the loo. It eased somewhat but i still felt twingy and every few minutes i'd get a wave of pain but me being me thought it can't be it so i carried on gettin my DD ready for school!!!

Leaving for the school run I thought shall I phone my mum to take her instead but i carried on even though the pain was a bit more intense now, by the time i got back home home the pain was much worse and i was having to breathe through the pains, went to the loo and there was blood in my knickers so i woke OH and told him i was having contractions and going in the bath. I was not prepared for how much blood comes out with your show by the way

As soon as i stepped foot in the bath i had to get straight back out agin as the pain was too much. OH helped me put my tens on which I had to turn up to nearly full straight away!! He asked when we should go to the hospital and I said NOW!!!

My dad came to fetch us and by now i was def in pain but still just about managing to breathe through. Got to the hospital around 9:45and the midwife asked me to do a wee in a bottle she had no chance!!!! Strapped me up to the monitor and just as she asked if she could examine me my waters gushed everywhere all over my leggings :haha: At this point I still had the tens on but just wanted gas and air but she had to examine me first and I was 6cms!! She phoned labour ward and told me the pool was free if I wanted it, so i thought why not.

Got to labour ward at 10.10 am and they were filling the pool up but weren't sure if it would be ready in time for me to give birth in, they gave me the gas and air but i was still in agony.

I think i got in the pool around 10:40 and even though the pain was still intense it felt better. Gas and air does funny things to you though I kept asking for coke!!! The pressure was getting more and I was feeling the urge to push the midwife just told me to go with it, so i did. I felt the babys head crowning talk about burn.....ouchie!!! And as he was born at 11:29am they passed him through my legs for our first cuddle :cloud9:

He was passed to OH while i delivered the placenta without the injection. And then I was helped to the bed where i was stitched up after having a 2nd degree tear.

Baby Jackson weighed 9lb 10ozs!!! Which no one was expecting because i'm so small and growth scans indicated he'd be around 7 and a half!!

I'd definately recommend a water birth to anyone who though i'd be on the school run at 9 and have a baby by half 11!!!!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
congratulations, gorgeous little boy! I bet your DD was amazed that you gave birth after you'd dropped her at school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->