The Middle Name Fight...

alyssa.s

Reaction score
Hubby and I have had boy and girl names picked out since we got engaged. However, now our baby boy needs a middle name and I thought we were on the same page but apparently we aren't.

Baby's name is Lincoln. One I suggested after seeing it on an episode of greys anatomy and hubby agreed right away. Ideally I wanted him to have my dads first name as a middle name, Lincoln Dean but my sister already has a son with that middle name and I'm not a fan of them having the same. That being said, hubbys name is Logan Andrew and wants baby to be Lincoln Andrew which I like...but again it's the same. I have one brother named Drew who is slightly autistic and it can be hard for him to socialize with people, but I've always had a soft spot for him. I love the name Lincoln Drew especially because Drew is in Andrew! But hubby won't go for it. He says because I pretty much came up with Lincoln on my own he should get to pick the middle name :(

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but I'd go with Lincoln Andrew. Flows the best in my opinion plus it would be a connection to both baby's daddy and uncle and make DH feel that he had input into the name. So if you don't actually dislike it, I'd let hubby have that one. A middle name is hardly ever going to be used anyway.

I agree Lincoln Andrew flows well :flower:

As a PP said middle names are not used often for this baby OH has wanted the middle name Ruth after his nan, while I'm not a huge fan I'm not disagreeing either as I'm sure I will grow to love it and we wont be using it daily anyway :flower:

I agree with you guys - I'm actually quite fond of using middle names whether it be scold or embarrass hubby ;) I think I'm at peace with it. Lincoln's nickname is Link already so Lincoln Andrew could easily be shortened to Link Drew if I'm really feeling the need to call him that!

Lincoln Andrew sounds great!

I ended up giving in with the middle names for DD just because I did come up with her first name, and the middle names DH chose actually flowed really well, and had family meaning. Sometimes we just have to make a compromise! No one ever says the middle name ;)

Just remembered why Lincoln Andrew sounds familiar though: The actor who plays Rick in The Walking Dead is Andrew Lincoln. Not that that should put you off at all, but I thought maybe best to discover it now before you do settle on and announce the name. For the record, I'd still use it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lincoln

I have to admit I've never gotten into walking dead �� Doesn't bother me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->