the most unproductive day ever :(

Oh dear welcome to our world!! Well yes it is normal, the panic, the worry and obsessing. I doubt it has to be like this, but certainly it is like that for lots of us here. But then this is a huge thing in all our lives so of course we feel a little stressed by it. But the good news is no AF yet, so you aren´t out yet. Yes our bodies do play tricks on us, but maybe if you start out thinking about getting to know your body for a couple of cycles, opks, temping that sort of thing, as a relevant distraction then maybe your bfp will creep in while your looking the other way. I hope it happens fast for you, but if not don´t stress it is normal and will happen at some point.

what is wrong with me? i thought once we got into ttc i would be totally relaxed, go with the flow etc etc....NOT!!!

today i am supposed to be on my period. no period and no BFP either. all i can think is that im either a. pregnant ( yippee!) or 2. body is playing nasty tricks on me and messing with my mind this 1st cycle. im thinking more the latter...ive overdosed with silly vitamins and other supplements this month, i think it has done something to my cycle...

i thought TTC was going to be fun. today i feel lost and crappy. stupid huh! what am i going to be like months down the line if im still looking for that BFP. ive done absolutely no work today, the house is a tip too and hubby will have to settle for a takeaway tonight as no dinner prepared... tell me that this is not normal TTC behaviour right?!?

thank god i am on holiday next month, i want to try to relax and put my mind to enjoying myself. ive just totally wasted this month.

I am so sorry that you're having such a rough time. But, every cycle that you learn something new about your body is a good thing! I know that doesn't help now, but here's a big :hugs: from me.

:hugs:

I was the same as you when I started TTC again and my first cycle was a nightmare and 47 days long! I felt stupid and foolish and worried that supplements I had taken had messed me up and I was the biggest nightmare from cd28 to cd47.

But I learnt a lot from it :thumbup: And my 2nd cycle TTC was a lot calmer and more stress-free. I started POAS so I could learn when I was ovulation and I started temping to confirm I did ovulate. Yes I did feel I could easily get obsessed with both but I stopped myself. And I lost the worry of "do I ovulate and have we timed BD correctly".

And unfortunately the more we stress the more we affect our cycles :nope:

But we all have :wacko: days and we all stress and obsess how can you not when you desire a BFP so much but remember you're not alone and you will find support on this site. And the motto of the site is "you're not out till the AF :witch: visits"

I hope you find you become more relaxed and less stressed next cycle :hugs:

just got an email from one of my sisters too...i never hear from her nowadays unless it is something to brag about. shes announced she is getting married in mauritius in 9 weeks time...to a plonker i might add...nobody told me about it...im sure it has been planned a while.

but wondering what the hurry and sudden decision is...they were due to get married next year...expecting again perhaps?!?

sorry, going off the topic. just feeling crappy. nats, you and i have a lot in common - both from uk, living abroad and teaching english. i dont know about you but sometimes i feel so out on a limb with my family back home. theres THEM and theres ME.

:hugs:

I was the same as you when I started TTC again and my first cycle was a nightmare and 47 days long! I felt stupid and foolish and worried that supplements I had taken had messed me up and I was the biggest nightmare from cd28 to cd47.

But I learnt a lot from it :thumbup: And my 2nd cycle TTC was a lot calmer and more stress-free. I started POAS so I could learn when I was ovulation and I started temping to confirm I did ovulate. Yes I did feel I could easily get obsessed with both but I stopped myself. And I lost the worry of "do I ovulate and have we timed BD correctly".

And unfortunately the more we stress the more we affect our cycles :nope:

But we all have :wacko: days and we all stress and obsess how can you not when you desire a BFP so much but remember you're not alone and you will find support on this site. And the motto of the site is "you're not out till the AF :witch: visits"

I hope you find you become more relaxed and less stressed next cycle :hugs:

thanks for the pep talk. you're right. i'm learning. next month i am going to be easy on myself. looking forward to my holiday too. all the best girls, look forward to chatting to you some more. xxx

Slightly off topic but was your photo taken in Venice by any chance?

Well you are allowed to go off on one :hugs:

I went to Venice in September 2004 with an ex who I can only describe using expletives. Loved the place and desperately want to take DH there but I must admit I prefer Pisa and Florence. But I adore Italian food & wine :)

I went to Venice in September 2004 with an ex who I can only describe using expletives. Loved the place and desperately want to take DH there but I must admit I prefer Pisa and Florence. But I adore Italian food & wine :)

....and the men are pretty tasty too!!!:haha:

Sorry I'd better sign off, I think I'm going over the eeeeeedge..................!!!!!!

yes, actually i agree with you. i also visited florence and rome ( pisa just for a day trip), my favourite is florence. its beautiful.

right off to work, enjoy the rest of your day. :flower:

just got an email from one of my sisters too...i never hear from her nowadays unless it is something to brag about. shes announced she is getting married in mauritius in 9 weeks time...to a plonker i might add...nobody told me about it...im sure it has been planned a while.

but wondering what the hurry and sudden decision is...they were due to get married next year...expecting again perhaps?!?

sorry, going off the topic. just feeling crappy. nats, you and i have a lot in common - both from uk, living abroad and teaching english. i dont know about you but sometimes i feel so out on a limb with my family back home. theres THEM and theres ME.

I´m really lucky that my family are all here too, well most of the year, my folks go back to the UK for three months in the summer. But I know how you feel, I followed them out here 6 years ago because I felt a bit lost without their support. I lived in Aus and NZ before that and then I really was out on a limb.
The great thing about teaching is that you can´t obsess about anything apart from your student for most of the time. Unlike my other profession when I´m sculpting and can tie my head in knots all day.
What age group are you teaching?

Per Macwoolly: And the motto of the site is "you're not out till the AF :witch: visits"

Naah. I'm not out until she shuts down shop completely.

(Someone, please remind me of my still-waxing optimism when I'm ready to commit suicide by cramming a whole wad of OPKs up my nose.)

what is wrong with me? i thought once we got into ttc i would be totally relaxed, go with the flow etc etc....NOT!!!

i thought TTC was going to be fun. today i feel lost and crappy.

Nah TTC is super stressful, maybe it's not for twentysomethings who don't have to think too much about it, but for us 35+ it's more of an emtional rollercoaster.

I´m really lucky that my family are all here too, well most of the year, my folks go back to the UK for three months in the summer. But I know how you feel, I followed them out here 6 years ago because I felt a bit lost without their support. I lived in Aus and NZ before that and then I really was out on a limb.
The great thing about teaching is that you can´t obsess about anything apart from your student for most of the time. Unlike my other profession when I´m sculpting and can tie my head in knots all day.
What age group are you teaching?

AU too :) I was living in Brisbane for 3 years and left in March 2008. It was a long way from home. You are very lucky that you have family with you in Spain.

In the UK I was an upper primary school teacher but since moving out here I quickly got my TEFL and now teaching English to adults and chilldren. Teaching is the perfect job to take your mind off any worries :)

Feeling better today. Have a good day everyone!

[/QUOTE]AU too :) I was living in Brisbane for 3 years and left in March 2008. It was a long way from home. You are very lucky that you have family with you in Spain.

In the UK I was an upper primary school teacher but since moving out here I quickly got my TEFL and now teaching English to adults and chilldren. Teaching is the perfect job to take your mind off any worries :)

Feeling better today. Have a good day everyone![/QUOTE]

Just in case you don´t know about them here are two of my favorite sites for teaching esl are www.breakingnewsenglish.com and www.busyteacher.org both have fantastic free resources. Glad your feeling better today, have a nice day.

Hello everyone i'm Jodie and i know sumatwsimit from another forum and she told me to come and try this website so i have haha! I am 36 slowly approaching 37 and have 4 boys and just had 2 miscarriages in the last 7 months. I am currently trying again for my 5th. I'm 2DPO and keeping my fingers crossed this will be our month and we will have a successful pregnancy. Good luck everyone! Jodie x

Hello everyone i'm Jodie and i know sumatwsimit from another forum and she told me to come and try this website so i have haha! I am 36 slowly approaching 37 and have 4 boys and just had 2 miscarriages in the last 7 months. I am currently trying again for my 5th. I'm 2DPO and keeping my fingers crossed this will be our month and we will have a successful pregnancy. Good luck everyone! Jodie x

Hello :hi: So sorry for your loses :hugs:

Good luck with TTC and hope you get your sticky BFP soon :dust:

Awww thanks Macwooly here's hoping you get your :bfp: this cycle. There is so many lovely ladies on here who i admire their strength and determination you all deserve some luck :hug: xx WE GIRLS OVER THE AGE OF 35 WILL GET PREGNANT AND HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 9 MONTHS :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->