The name Essie?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I'm having such trouble picking a name! We had settled on Macy Victoria but I keep having second thoughts. I keep feeling the urge to browse more names :dohh: What are opinions on the name Essie? Is it too...nickname ish? Does it age well? I had a look at the USA Social Security name list and its not been in the top 1000 so its uncommon (which is an important factor to me) but apparently it was popular in the late 1800s early 1900s. It's a diminutive of Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my middle name, DHs moms first name, and it runs down my father side in every generation. so it could keep that going but in a way that is more 'me'. But idk...it's such a hard choice! I feel like I'll never be satisfied which is weird bc my boys names came so easily. I'm not sure how my family would feel about the name since its not really known here (which is import any to me as well). What do u think, honestly? And also I'm up for suggestions. Victoria is for sure the middle name as its after my sister.

For reference to DSs names they are Isaiah and Elliot

it is very nickname-y

in most 1800 censuses people used nicknames not full names (especially in the America west, go to lots of old graves and it will have a nickname with real name unknown, same happened with lots of the trampers over here in England)

maybe pick a longer name then nickname her Essie

like:

Eliza
Elisha
Elisabetta
Elissa
Elise

Essie is cute, it does remind me of the nail polish brand though! But don't let it change your mind! My cousin is named elisa, (like eeee-lisa)I've always thought that was different .

My mum works at a home for the aged and there is an old lady there called Essie. Apparently her mum named her that because she didn't see the point in naming her something just for other people to go by a completely different name (nickname) so she called her Essie.

i like it.

Essie/Essy - Origin; this name is of Persian Origin, Meaning Star;Myrtle Leaf Highest Year of popularity as a registered name 1880
Similar names - Essien/Essiene, Issie/Issy, Esmie, Effie/Effy

^^^^^^^ just got that from thinkbabynames.com

why not go with esther, essie for short?

Hmmmm, not sure really.

I just think messy when I say it, sorry

I love Macy though!

I like it :). I'd be tempted to choose a name and have it as her nickname but I don't think it'd be a big deal not too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->