The New Year Resolutions Thread

keekeesaurus

NTNP or something like it
Reaction score
I like making New Year resolutions. I don't always keep them though :haha:.
Mine for 2012 are:
1. To finally give up smoking and stop having crafty cigs :blush:.
2. To take up running again. And yoga (recommended by milty :thumbup:) And get back on the Wii Fit.
3. To learn a new language - I fancy Russian.
4. To complete my post grad cert.
5. To be healthier overall and ditch the crap.
6. To do something with the house. Anything. Even if it's only taking up the pub carpets and stripping some wallpaper.

I think that's enough for now. I haven't included any TTC ones, they might come later.

So what about you lovelies? Making any resolutions or is it b****cks to it? :haha:

I'm not a resolutions type of girl.:haha:

But, now that you have put it out there, you realize we will hold you to all of it!:happydance:

OMG yes, now it's in black and white I have to do ALL of them :blush::haha:.

Truthfully, you could just stick to #5, bc it's all encompassing. LOL.

I don't really make resolutions for New Year, because I'm quite goal focussed (ie controlling perfectionist :haha:) so I tend to have a permanent list going all the time, cross things off and then add something else to the list. There are always improvements to be made.

I like the learning Russian keeks, I think Eastern European languages are quite cool, and I love how you have to lower your voice to talk them :haha: kind of sexy. Anyway when I was working in Poland I discovered that they are also dead hard so I don't think I'll be learning one but it's a nice idea :thumbup:

I won't learn any language that involves a different alphabet.:haha:

Technically Polish uses the Roman alphabet. But I still found it "hella hard".

There's a lot of zzzzzz....sounds, and nothing much sounds familiar, except the odd modern word like "wi fi"

I am like NorthStar.... Have a long list of goals I want to achieve, and I usally do! Sad!! Lol I am a bit of a perfectionist as well and like to push myself to achieve...a bit too much sometimes...

Well my new year resolution is to stop worrying and stressing about work, if I manage to achieve this one I will be very proud of myself:haha::haha::haha:

Keeks, you made me think now, I will be writing my 2012 resolution list soon :haha::blush:

I don't always make a resolution, but if I do, I try to keep it reasonable and something that I can actually achieve. I've done the resolution of loosing 20 pounds and looking like a hottie 24/7............that didn't exactly work out well. :blush:

This year, I want to do paint my bedroom. We've lived here for over 6 years now and I've painted every room in the house (some of them twice) except our bedroom. I figure noone sees it, so I could let it go.

When we bought it, the whole house was decorated circa 1985, complete with country blue flower wallpaper, geese wallpaper border, and blue ruffle curtains. Suffice it to say that the whole house had to be done quickly, because it made me want to vomit.

Our bedroom is a light peach and has a small faint flower border along the ceiling edge. It's not our style, but somehow, I've gotten lazy (I'd like to say busy, but that's just an excuse).

So, this year, I'm taking down the border and painting. :thumbup:

I try not to make resolutions, but theres some things I must change....

I like the bit about yoga and house renos...I have been doing ( or not doing) house renos for 6 years...and i need to go back to school to learn some skills so net time I do a job search..i can actually try for jobs other then retails sales clerk

i won't even try to exercise and loose weight....JUST treat my body better and keep myself active!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->