The next person...

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
who comes here to visit and won't listen to me about laying the baby down to wake her up at 10:00 so she'll go to bed at 12:30 and sleep through the night....and keeps her cuddled up so she stays asleep an extra 2 hours later than normal...

had better damn well be staying to look after her at 3am when she's still freaking awake. :trouble::trouble::trouble::trouble:

I am not in a very good mood with my 70 year old great aunt or my mother who wouldn't back me up when I told her to put her down :hissy:

Yeah I noticed that people expect Leo to be awake when they visit and I have to say he is having a nap and why dont I wake him then? Because it wont be you pacing the landing with a wide awake baby at 4am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:

its a right pain itsnt it

in the end i would just take him and put him down x x

Don't let them visit so late. Tell them you are having an early night, they don't have to know the baby is up to that time!

Inlaws are the worst. I always lay Ben down on the floor on a towel with his nappy off, a few times a day. They are horrified at this and keep putting his nappy on and lifting him when I go out of the room. They think its terrible 'I leave him lying on the floor'!

i know what you mean hun. people don't listen to me either they just look at me as if i'm being nasty when i take aidan off them to lay him down
xx

Don't let them visit so late. Tell them you are having an early night, they don't have to know the baby is up to that time!

Inlaws are the worst. I always lay Ben down on the floor on a towel with his nappy off, a few times a day. They are horrified at this and keep putting his nappy on and lifting him when I go out of the room. They think its terrible 'I leave him lying on the floor'!

tell them its good for him hun. we have ben taught on my childdcare course to let babies lie on the floor with their nappies off once a day. it gives them more freedom to move their legs which is great exercise.

just say to them his nappy is off for a reason would you mind leaving it off please
xx

tell them its good for him hun. we have ben taught on my childdcare course to let babies lie on the floor with their nappies off once a day. it gives them more freedom to move their legs which is great exercise.

just say to them his nappy is off for a reason would you mind leaving it off please
xx

Thanks hon. Its the only way I can get some of his wind shifted, and he loves it!

Its not my house, not my visitors. I don't really get a say what time they come :blush:

She finally went to sleep at 5am, but just woke up again at 8am. yay!

Do you mean you are visiting them, or that you live with your mum?

If you live with them, just go to your own room when it suits you hon. Quiet time before bed is needed. Anyway. Take him of for a bath, and then into your room for some wind down time. It mighten't be your house, but its your baby - its horrible they won't listen to you.

Failing that - just be firm and explian they need to visit earlier, becasue he won't sleep otherwise. Hopefully the 'novelty' will wear of soon anyay!

:hugs:

I know what you mean, The nosey 'know-it-alls' always wonder why Lola isn't in bed at 9-10 p.m!
Maybe because if I put her down THEN,she'd fall asleep at 5 a.m.,but they don't frankly care since they're not the ones who need to stay awake with her! :grr:

I hate when people mess up the schedule!

Ughh now I have to take her to her doctor's appointment at 2 and its almost 1 and she's asleep so she won't feed and now I'm going to have to end up dealing with a screaming baby in the doctor's office :hissy:

Someone is in soooo much trouble haha. I'm in the worst mood of life today

awhh rae, cheer up babe.
i know what this is like... and i Really had to put my foot down.
my mum has the spare keys for my apartment, so she'll pop in whenever she likes... and she ALWAYS expects babe to be awake, if shes napping she'll often go in and wake her. Finally i just had to say "mom stay out of her room, let her sleep..." like i know she wants to see her... but if she doesnt get at least 4, 1 hour naps thru the day.. oh shes just miserable and over tired, and hard to get to bed later that night...
So i had to tell her to Not wake the baby... and to stay out of her room.
She told me the other day "its funny when your a grandmother because you'll let you grandchild do things you'd never let your own kids do." All i could think was SERIOUSLY? I work so hard to raise my daughter in a good manner... and she could care less. UGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->