The nickname of a drug?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Please forget any previous nAmes I have posted & give me your opinion on this.

Molly?

It's the only name OH has suggested himself & a name I have always liked but couldn't use due to certain circumstances.
The situation has changed & I am now able to use it.

But if I remember right Miley Cyrus sings about it in her sing and it's the nickname if a drug. Also a well known pet name but that doesn't put me off x

I had no idea it was slang for drugs and many pets have people type names nowadays. I know someone who had a dog named Sarah!

I had no idea it was slang for drugs and many pets have people type names nowadays. I know someone who had a dog named Sarah!

Neither did I until my mom asked me what Miley Cyrus meant in her song lol!

Molly was a name looooooong before that negative connotation. Unless you live in a really "ghetto" neighborhood, no one would even think of it that way.

I would never have realised that it was the nickname for a drug. I know a couple of people called Mandy and this thread is the first time I've ever made that link too lol. It's just not what springs to mind.

I didn't know about the drug thing it's a very tenuous link! Molly is a very pretty and normal nice name :) x

Never heard of it as a nn for a drug before, it's a lovely name :)

I think it's only a nickname for a drug in the US. I'd never heard of it until Miley's song.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a pretty name and I doubt anyone would link it that way...it's the same as people calling their kids Charlie, you don't automatically think of drugs, do you??

I think it's only a nickname for a drug in the US. I'd never heard of it until Miley's song.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a pretty name and I doubt anyone would link it that way...it's the same as people calling their kids Charlie, you don't automatically think of drugs, do you??

Didn't know Charlie was a drug?
I don't know the foggiest about drugs lol!

Didn't know Charlie was a drug?
I don't know the foggiest about drugs lol!

Lol! It's a nickname for cocaine!

It's not a nickname in the UK I don't think. It's a lovely name.

I love the name Molly (i did have a Dalmatian named Molly as a kid!). It's a very cute name for a child, but also pretty for an adult!

I didn't know the drug reference, just googled it.

Every Molly i have known comes from a more upper class, preppy family.

:thumbup:

One of my best friends is a Molly. :) It's a great name imo.

Its actually what mdhd is called officially, ecstasy without the other drugs mixed. But its also a classic name and 9 out of 10 ppl wont think of drugs randomly when they hear it. Drugs have many nn's. You could say were naming our son after a huge american baby store (carters) but idc thats what feels right to us and the store got its title from somewhere ;)

Never heard of the drug connotation - it's a nice name. x

All names are assosiated with something. My sons oscar and ive been told hes got a dogs name :shrug:

I wouldnt worry too much

It is the nickname for a drug and I had a dog named Molly growing up but it's a very pretty name and you shouldn't let that deter you from using it

I did know that it's the nickname for a drug, also Charlie too but I did used to live in a very ghetto area:haha:

Saying that I have never heard anyone make the connection when it's a baby's name, I really like it:flower:

Also even if they did make the connection they're hardly going to go 'OMG you named your kid after a drug?!'
If they do you mayyyy want to stay away from them if that's the first thing that comes to their mind, if you know what I mean ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->