the nurses said....

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
I can pretty well feed A anything.

They said that now they don't recommend feeding veggies, then fruits, then meats...etc. They say do it all at once because by the time they should be eating what mom and dad eat they are finding most babies are way behind.

I'm scared....MEAT?!?!? We JUST started stage 2 cereal and carrots and peas a day ago!?!?

If I were you honey, I'd still take it one stage at a time. Over here we introduce foods more slowly, trying one food for 3 days straight to see if they have an allergic reaction to it and then integrating it into their diet and moving onto something else.

From 6 months Alexander will be fine to eat meat, most fish (I think) and food that contains gluten, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to introduce them all into his diet right away. As long as you're varying his diet and introducing these things over hte coming weeks I'd think you'll be fine. You don't have to rush these things just og at your's and alexander's pace :hugs:

That's what the nurses I talked to said too, that as long as we introduce one food at a time, with 3 days inbetween that we can introduce pretty much anything in any order... including meat.

I haven't been brave enough yet, I have some beef all made up in the freezer but cant' quite make myself feed it to Edward yet :)

I just introduced Amelie to random things. Some days she'd get 2 new things to try but some days she just has stuff shes had before. I just give her whatever we have in the house but she isnt keen on meat AT ALL so shes a veggie baby at the moment.

You dont have to wait 3 days. The HV's I talked to said you'd notice within a day or so if they were allergic.

And yep, I totally agree, waiting so long to wean kids is definately having an affect on their eating skills!

Meat is fine, but he may not eat it alone. You may need to mix it with veg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->