"The Olden Days"

AmarettiEtJus

Reaction score
Errm...

My child continually refers to my era as 'the olden days'. I am only 17 years older then dc. I am nowhere near old. :dohh:

Anyone else dealing with this?

lol oh bless haha that's funny. My DD refers to the victorian era and prior as "olden days" which is more appropriate lol.

That is much more appropriate Alice...

I think it could be due to the fact that they spent 6 months studying the "80's" in history class. :wacko:

I get it all the time. My daughter always says "wow they had that when you were a kid!" She said it the other day about bikes lmao

Well, to LO's anything older than now is pretty much "the olden days" :haha:

My SD was shocked when I told her they didn't have cell phones when I was a teenager! buahaha... and, when I was a teenager, I remember 40 felt SO old... but being that I'm turning 40 in Dec... it's SO YOUNG!!!! Whatever, it's just a number- not a reflection of who you are... and hey, it only get's better :)

So much has changed in the past 20 years alone, I refer to my own childhood as the olden days! :L (I had a really long conversation about this the other day and compiled a massive list, but the only thing I can remember off it now is that Hububb isn't on TV anymore)

My son act like I don't know anything about computers (which I do, it takes me some time as it does for him to get to used to new things). I have been using the computer for a very long time. And used the internet since 1996. And haven't stopped since..

When I was a junior reporter working for a suburban paper, I went along to the local intermediate school to talk about my job. The kids would have been about 11-12 years old. The school I went to talk to was actually the one I had attended myself, and most of the same teachers were still there, so some of the kids had questions about what was the same and what had changed.

Afterwards they obviously did a letter-writing exercise because I received 32 nice formal letters thanking me for coming and talking to them. My favourite one said, in part, "It was very interesting to hear what our school was like in the olden days."

I was 21 at the time and had only left the school nine years earlier!!!

When I was a junior reporter working for a suburban paper, I went along to the local intermediate school to talk about my job. The kids would have been about 11-12 years old. The school I went to talk to was actually the one I had attended myself, and most of the same teachers were still there, so some of the kids had questions about what was the same and what had changed.

Afterwards they obviously did a letter-writing exercise because I received 32 nice formal letters thanking me for coming and talking to them. My favourite one said, in part, "It was very interesting to hear what our school was like in the olden days."

I was 21 at the time and had only left the school nine years earlier!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The cheek!

Haha my son (17 years younger than me) asked me if I used to write on slate when I was at school! They'd obviously learnt about it in history that day.

Ee, when I went to school, we had segregated playgrounds and entrances, and outside toilets! It is hard to come to terms with the idea of your childhood, or worse still, your young adulthood, being 'the olden days', but I have had to admit that there are people who are now old enough to vote who weren't born when I was at university!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->