the only thing that upsets me about my BIG boy

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
is that he's getting so big and heavy and I can't carry him for too long, maybe max 5 minutes. When we go for a walk he likes to be carried so he can look around but he's just too heavy for carrying for more than 5 minutes
He's 5 months and 1 week old and he weighs 22lbs already !
He's perfectly healthy though (thanks to my milk,lol)and every parts of his body are in proportion.
I just can't imagine in a couple of months how will I be able to carry him or hold him :cry:

I understand, trust me. My son was giant from the minute he was born to now. The doctor used to joke that he made his own growth chart, as he was off the charts for height and weight until he was almost 2. Now he is 95% for height and 95% for weight. I had such problems holding him. Actually, it is sometimes easier for me to put him on my shoulders because carrying him about breaks me! LOL Your son sounds strong and healthy though, and is absolutely beautiful! :D

I understand, trust me. My son was giant from the minute he was born to now. The doctor used to joke that he made his own growth chart, as he was off the charts for height and weight until he was almost 2. Now he is 95% for height and 95% for weight. I had such problems holding him. Actually, it is sometimes easier for me to put him on my shoulders because carrying him about breaks me! LOL Your son sounds strong and healthy though, and is absolutely beautiful! :D

He was not born giant,lol. only 7.7lbs which is normal but he grows so fast and he also has his own growth chart,lol
When we go out people just stare at him and comment how big he is:dohh: i used to get annoyed (because some would point at him and comment, i thought their eyes would popped out,lol)but getting used to it now.
I remember the doctor showed us his growth chart and she said thing like"this is average babies (pointing at the chart), this is a bit overweight(pointing upper on the chart), this is very overweight(pointing upper), and your baby is here (pointing upper :rofl:)"
But she said not to worry because he's breastfeed and OH is big and I'm from a tall family

^ LOL at your doctor..

Coltons pretty big. I've kinda gotten used to carrying him around though. But after like 10-20 minutes I get tired. I usually carry him on my hip too, and switch hips when one side gets tired.. :lol:

Liam was a chunk-a-munk at that age too, 5 months he looked like a football! I will have to find a picture! But then he stretched out and is just big. Everyone thinks he is at least 3. He is almost 40 inches tall already. So don't stress. Your milk is just very very good! Be proud! LOL :D

Alexa was 26 pounds at 6 months so I know what you mean- I have gotten used to it though...

:hug:

I have a bad back so I am constantly worrying that it may get too bad for me to pick her up!!

When I'm out and about and not using the pram, we have a baby carrier/harness, she loves it, but at the moment she is facing me, she'll be much better when she can look around at the same time, she's soooo nosey! Maybe using a baby sling/harness may be good for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->