The PCOS Cysters TTC #1 Encouragement Group!

LimeFerret

Reaction score
Starting anew after years of NTNP, finally tackling the monster that is PCOS and going for baby #1.

Thought I would start a thread for others in the same boat. Come on in, share stories, ask for advice or give advice! Lets stick by one another and get those BFPs rolling in!
Anyone want to chat, make friends? Vent? Post away!

Happy to be back on the boards!:happydance:

Hiya - I'm back on the boards tonight too. My closest friend just told me she's expecting and I've been wrestling with this information and my own PCOS torment all night so your post was there just at the right time!

A little about me - I had treatment a few years ago and ongoing on my uterus and cervix (unrelated to PCOS or so I thought) but am now officially trying to #1 without sharing with any friends to avoid the pressure, questions or stress from "we're you guys actually trying and she just fell pg by accident?!"

*sigh*

How about you lime? (Can I call you lime?)

Mia x

Hey, can I join you all?

I was diagnosed at 13 so I've had it, or rather known about it, for 12 years now. I got pregnant in January, but unfortunately had a MMC requiring surgery in March. The one upside to that is that my body didn't want to get rid of the pregnancy even though the baby stopped developing quite early. A typical problem with PCOS is holding the pregnancy due to a lack of progesterone, so I take comfort that even though the baby was lost early my body kept the pregnancy going. So I'm taking that to mean my progesterone production is good.

I've been hardcore dieting and exercising since April and have lost 35lbs so far and just had my first natural period since my surgery. I plan to start trying next month as I will be in Colorado on vacation this month when I am supposed to ovulate. So starting everything next month!

Hi boston,

I'm sorry you've had to go through that; i didn't know about the link to PCOS but then I'm still just finding out more and more. Are you ttc #1?

X

@CocoMia Of course you can call me Lime :) Very nice to meet you! It can be really hard when everyone around you is having babies... You want to be happy for them, and maybe you really are, but it is heartbreaking and quite lonely living in confusion and doubt when it comes to your own fertility and future.
I know what you mean about the pressure. I finally just decided to tell people that it isnt any of their concern whether I am "Ready" or any other reason they can think of to wait. Some people do not understand that for us, there is no wait, its now or never so much of the time. I had to put my foot down and just tell people its fine, they do not understand it, but this is how it is! I hope that makes sense.

@BostonStrong I am terribly sorry to hear about what you have been going through. I cannot imagine how hard that must be for you. I hope that you are finding things getting easier, and know that this community is always here to provide encouragement! That is awesome about the weight loss! Congrats! How are you achieving this? I am on Weight Watchers again. I lost 90 pounds the first time I was on it, but after a very hard and messy divorce I gained about 75 back. So I am on a journey to lose it again.
I have made it my mission to help women with PCOS lose weight to conceive naturally, so if you guys, or anyone else would like info on how to do so let me know. (It is free lol, I have it all in my noggin from years of following the plan) I am a firm believer that when women stick together we are able to reach nearly any goal. Sorry if I sound sappy!

Anyhow pleased to meet you guys! I will post a bit more about myself and my journey later on. Have a great day :)

Aww so glad to meet the both of you - my PCOS isn't directly affected by weight but it does seem to be by sugars or at least insulin which complicates things as that's not an easy fix either.

I agree - it's other peoples questions and expectations that add the pressure on for me. I feel like there is this clock around my neck with everyone thinking - oh I thought it would be you first?

Anyway - is be interested to hear both of your progress and to stay in touch.

Where abouts are you with your cycles now?

X

I'm TTC PCOS #1 with PCOS. I was diagnosed very young as well. Currently TTC #1 although it will be my second pregnancy. I've lost a lot of weight recently. Nearly 20% of my body weight and still it hasn't affected my cycles at all. They're all over the place. But I'm on femara so I know I am ovulating. Maca root has worked for me in the past, so I'm using that as well too, but still with the femara to be sure that I do ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->