The quick as lightening Birth of baby oscar.Long rambly story lol.

mummymadness

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I decided as it fresh in the mind to try and write my birth story today :happydance: while Oscar is asleep .

All last week Andy kept saying every night "Is there any chance its tonight" and every night he got the same response "No chance dharl not a pain in sight".

Then about Midnight saturday/sunday he asked and got the same response again lol (How wrong i was) ..

I was chatting away on here no pains i had resided to the fact Oscar was going to be well overdue and i was just spending the night catching up online.
At about 12.45 i went to the toilet and i couldnt wee !! , I needed too but only a dribble came out and it hurt like mad.
When i came down Andy must of seen my pain face lol Because he said Gemma you look like your in agony, I said iam i think Oscars laid funny (It felt like his shoulder was stuck in my pelvis) next second i know im bent over the table crying , I had this strange pain .
10 mins later another came so i posted on here as i just knew it was labour allthow after only having back labours before this pain was very very strange and different...
My mum got stuck in Traffic so i paced around having pains every 4-5 mins by now Mum arrived to have the kids at about 1.30 so i rang the taxi not realisisng its a clubbing night so every one was ringing taxis , It came about 1.45 and i was sat in the cab sceptical it would all stop soon and it would be a false alarm .

Arrived at hospital to be told they didnt have a room for me on my team (Jasmine) So i had to shimmy down this massive corridoor to another team (Holly) , I got in my room and my mw Rachel followed .. She could see i was panting by now and asked if she could take a look .

I was expecting to hear your 3cm now or something but nope i got "Your 6cm and the heads a little high if it was lower you could easily be stretching to 8cm" :saywhat: shock is an understatement .
As soon as she took her hand out my waters flooded the room there was tonnes and tonnes of water it felt like flood gates had opened lol .

By now contractions werent at regular times just all the bloody time Lol and very painfull , I begged for an epi or something and i had only been there 10 mins it was about 2.20 and she asked if the pains had got more intense to wich i told her they had .

But she couldnt get to do an internal as i was clenching my legs together it was the only thing that helped the pain .
but she noticed i was bearing down and had gone passed transition stage , at 2.45 45 mins after i arrived rachel checked again when she managed to physically open my legs from my clamped position that is lol ..
I was fully dialated and head was ready :) .

I pushed like my life depended on it for 13 mins and out popped my lovely little man , I watched his head been born and put my hand down to feel it , It was amazing :cloud9: .
as it was sooo quick i only managed 3 puffs on gas and air , i didnt tear no stitches his cord was no where near his neck no poo in the water ... Was just a perfect labour .. He screamed and screamed when he came out wich was the most greatest sound to hear ..
Was weighed at a small 6lb 5 ounces and i only lost 100ml of blood in labour wich is good .

Were home now and he didnt sleep well the first night but thats ok because he has been good as gold today :happydance:

Heres some piccies of my little Man Oscar Thomas waterfall .

https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x260/kissmytouch/DSCF3307.jpg

https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x260/kissmytouch/DSCF3333.jpg

https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x260/kissmytouch/DSCF3319.jpg

https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x260/kissmytouch/DSCF3321.jpg

aaaw wow! congrats!

(so jealous of you not tearing-elliot came quick too but did damage on the way! lol)

keely.

That sounds like the perfect labour! Congrats!! Oscar is a beautiful baby :)

Awww he is gorgeous hun well done you!!! xxx

Awww he is gorgeous Gemma, congratz hunn and congratz on such a breeze of a birth.

:hug::hug::hug:

aww congratulations! What a lovely little boy x

Congrats, he's absolutely gorgeous!

Perfect birth, Congratulations, hes beautiful xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79