The smell of Christmas!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktod

Reaction score
I have decided I want my house to smell of Christmas when I put my decorations up. This was partly inspired by a trip to the marriott hotel last christmas and the entrance smelt amazing, really Christmassy but I can't really pinpoint exactly what it was.

So I preferably want a reed diffuser (not keen on plug ins or candles, want something that's not going to stress me out about being a fire risk) that smells like Christmas.

Does anyone have a good recommendation. I'm prepared to spend more to get a luxury christmas smell!!!

I can't really help you, but to me the smell of Christmas is slightly dusty tinsel, and the turkey starting to cook early Christmas morning!

There's a room spray in m and s called mandarin, cinnamon and clove I think. To me that is the christmas smell! I think they do a candle version too but no plug in unfortunately. The room spray lingers for a while but you do need to keep spraying regularly x

I'm not sure about over there, but here you can get garland and wreaths with a cinnamon smell and some with a pine smell. i like the idea of those that way you don't have to do anything just hang it up! :)

I have a couple of Christmas decorations that hang on my tree that absorb fragrenced oils and then give them off slowly. I use mandarin in one and cinnamon in the other. I think they came from the body shop as I won them a few years ago but I've never see anything like them in a shop.

There's a room spray in m and s called mandarin, cinnamon and clove I think. To me that is the christmas smell! I think they do a candle version too but no plug in unfortunately. The room spray lingers for a while but you do need to keep spraying regularly x

Exactly this! I can't wait to get this and have a lovely Christmassy home.

We also get a real tree and for me that's a big part of it.

We just simmer cinnamon and apples in water and leave it on the lowest setting on the stove. Smells awesome and like Christmas to me!

I have one of those Freshmatic air fresheners and just bought the mulled wine spray for it, smells delicious. Dobbies always sell scented pine cones near xmas which leave the whole house smelling lovely.

Yankee Candle have electronic wax melt burners so no naked flame, I've never used it but I burn their wax tarts on oil burners and love them.

My favourite reed diffuser (which I find SO much stronger than YC diffusers) is the air wick mulled wine one, I've used it for so many Christmases now it is Christmas, if you find one you like this year by next year it'll be a Christmassy smell to you!

Oh and cloves pushed into an orange, smells amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"