the speedy birth of my gorgeous Felix

bouli

Reaction score
Hi everyone! haven't been on the forum for a while! I tought that I will share my birth experience with you..I am still in shock as it was so quick for a first baby!
I was due on 15th March. I woke up suddenly on Wednesday 09th March at 1 am feeling a gush of water running along my legs: my water just broke!
I ran to the loo and it kept flowing for about 10 mins ! I was so happy and scared at the same time..baby was on its way, I was crapping myself!!!
hubby woke up and when the flow stopped I was not too sure what to do..and as everyone said that the first stage of labour would take ages I told my husband that we should go back to bed as we may have a busy day ahead of us.
At that stage I was not feeling any pain whatsoever! Hubby convinced me to call hospital just to let them know. We called them and they told us to come in just to check that everything was fine and they would send us back home , they told us to take our time (and we did).
we arrived at hospital at 2am (still no pain!) and we had to wait a bit in triage. Eventually a midwife checked me out and she said that my water were gone but I was not dilated at all but they would book an induction for 11th March at 8am just in case nothing would happen before then!
Back home at about 330 am we went back to bed but I was so excited/scared that I could not sleep and went to the living room and so did hubby, we had a cup of tea and then I started feeling a light twinge in my lower abdomen, nothing bad and then it got a bit stronger..and hubby said it may be contractions and started timing them. They were coming every 2mins for about 40 seconds..and getting stronger...we counted 10 and then they were so strong that I threw up twice, hubby ran a bath but it didn't help at all and started losing a bit of blood...in the space of 30 mins I went from no pain at all to excruciating pain...hubby got scared and said let's go back to hospital.
I hardly remember the drive, I was in so much pain!
we arrived back at hospital at 6am, got a room straight away and the midwife told me that i was probably in early labour and that contractions will get much stronger ( I thought OMG I am going to die if what I am feeling are early contractions, I will never be able to bear much more pain, I felt such a whimp!!)
after 10 mins, checking my notes ( I wanted an epidural!) she asked me if I wanted gas and air and I said yes and then she checked if I was dilated (if at all as she saw in my notes that we came a few hours earlier and there was nothing). I opened my legs, dreading that she would say that I was only 1 cm or something like that but she looked at me and said: 'do you want the good news or the bad news? the bad news is you won't have time for your epidural and the good news is you need to push now!"
I was fully dilated so we started pushing and Felix was born 1hour 30 mins later @ 8am (he kept going back up the after each push) weighing 3.44kgs for 51cms. It was painful but nothing as bad as I expected! I tore quite badly though and needed a lot of stitches! I still can't believe that I did it without my epidural!
so from the moment I started feeling some pain to the delivery it took about 4 hours!!! I feel so lucky and my little boy is gorgeous!
Now enjoying sleepless days and nights but I love him to bits!:hugs:

congrats! that was quick for a first timer!

congratulations! I'd love a birth like yours!

Congratulations..super quick birth just like me a total of 3 hours...Chuffed for yah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->