Theme parks in london

mummylove

Reaction score
As i am going to see eminem on 11th july me and my bro as just been talking and thinking of taking kids to a theme park as might work out less money being spent if we just spent day in lomdon. So does anyone know where a theme park would be that isnt to far from central london

Chessington World of Adventures or Thorpe Park x

As above, there's also London Zoo and London Aquarium if it was a full day out you're after. Legoland is in Windsor also.

Oh and the Harry Potter studios aren't too far from Wembley (well it's the right side of London!)

I went to chessington today and it's 36 mins from Waterloo and you can get a bus from opposite the station that goes all the way to the park (it's a 2-3 min journey).

Personally I think it's much better for kids than Thorpe park and much easier and cheaper to get to. We didn't have time to fit it all in. If you're going on a school day they do an offer which is £20 for an adult and under 5, which is the cheapest deal I've found.

Yea Chessington is really good for kids it has a zoo and aquarium I think?

Thorpe Park has great rides but for older people xx

We are going on a saturday. The train station we would be going from Stonebridge park. Would u go straight to staines from there?

Both Chessington World of Adventures with Chessington South (perfect for the under 8s) and Thorpe Park (perfect for over 8 but not much for children) go from London Waterloo on the train (to Chessington South and Staines) which if you are near Stonebridge Park tube is probably a 25/30 minute tube journey to London Waterloo on the Bakerloo line.

We have annual passes to Chessington (live 15 minutes away) and its great for youngsters with rides, zoo and sealife centre. Would book in advance as you can get a really good deal on adult plus under 5 or get a buy one get one free offer

I've never been to Legoland myself but I just checked and it's a 30 min journey from paddington, then a shuttle bus (which is chargeable). You can get a tube from stonebridge park to paddington in around ten minutes.

That's probably the easiest journey from stonebridge park, for chessington/Thorpe you'd have to go to Waterloo which is quite far from where you'll be. As your travelling by train make sure you look online for deals.

Wont be going thorpe park now. My bro rang up and they alls said not really suitable for under 8s

So thinking either legoland or chessington world of adventures. Was looking on youtube for legoland and doesnt really look that good

was at legoland on wednesday and was brill for my 2 yr old...as he could go on most the rides and loads to do. with rides for under 3's. then height restriction of 0.9m (he was just tall enough for these) 1m and 1.2m dependant on ride.

Went to chessington the week before was ok as had animals and aquarium but nothing for under 3s and tbh the rides wernt that great or not suitable for under a 1m.

Thorpe park almost all for over 1.2m and all 'extreme' rides.

Look out for kellogs ceral as they have 241 offers...as they expensive...and be prepared to get there early...even on a wednesday we had to queue for a few rides up to 45min.

if not the zoo, aquarium, madam tuesauds or even science museum pretty fun.

I think the main thing to factor in is the kids height. When Ben went to legoland last year he was too short for anything but would've been ok at chessington.

The trip to legoland will be quicker but I think the journey to chessington is cheaper (purely because you don't have to pay for shuttle bus). I personally love chessington but that's because I grew up going there!

DS1 was 2 when we took him to legoland last year, if they are at least 0.9m there's loads to do there, plus there's the Duplo Valley water section if the weather is as good as it is gonna be this week that would be lovely. We are going again in September and DS is so excited, I can't believe he actually remembers it he was only 2 and 10 months and it was a year ago. We have tickets to Chessington from The Sun but we can't go as hubby is working :(

Going to go chessington world of adventures. I have a disabled rail car so pretty cheap :)

Aww glad you decided. I hope you have fun:) I'm hoping yesterday was classed as a 'rainy day' as they give you free tickets to go back, Ben missed half of it because there's so much to do!

When you get off the train there's a bus stop over the road (the bus goes right as you come out of station) it's the number 71 and Chessington is the last stop, it pulls up right near the entrance.

Thank u for thta hun and thank u to everyone for ur help. Going to be a excited few days and tiring lol

Anyone know if there are lockers at chessington

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->