They wont give me any pain relief ;(

xblondiex

Reaction score
Iv been in labour since 2.30 yesterday noon and have been gettting strong and i mean strong labour pains i feel like cryin out in pain i cant get comfy it hurts so bad my contractions are 4 mins apart until i get to the hospital snd they slow right down. Im 2-3cm and have lost my plug. I need some relief but nothin happens when i get there what can i do? They said i jave to be 4cm but i already cant bear it :( x

Try a warm bath or shower, or be up and walking around if you can. Find a birth ball and rock and sway your hips. Breathe slowly through each contraction and try visualizing something peaceful to you when you're at the peak. There are plenty of natural coping techniques!

My first labour was like this, three days of contractions to get to 4cm. It's exhausting! Just do your best to use natural pain relief, like getting OH to give you a massage, a warm bath, tens machine if you have one, relaxation and paracetamol. The more tense you are the harder the pain will feel. Just hang in there and know that you'll get there soon and it won't be long now until you meet your LO! Best of luck xxx

hope you get some relief soon. I agree heat and birthing ball. baby will be here soon. your doing really well sweetheart xx

Thanks everyone its so painful i feel like cryin paracetomal isnt easing it im gonna try the ball idea after iv had a sleep if i can manage x

Oh you poor thing :hugs:. I'd recommend a nice warm bath or shower, and trying different positions to see if you can find a way to get comfy- for me with my DD kneeling on the floor leaning over my birthing ball felt better than anything. if it gets too much call the hospital back and they might let you go in :hugs:

You know what works for me? Picturing my favorite vacationing spot. It will relax you and with relaxing you may dialate faster like I did. I would picture myself sitting on the beach, listening to the waves. Staying calm helps a lot. I laughed and joked around through my contractions. OnOnce they became unbearable I would picture the beach and breathe.

I hope you get some relief as well. I was 3cm when my water broke and as soon as I got situated into my room the nurses asked if me I wanted an epidural right away. I naturally said yes and within 30 minutes I received it.

I am hoping it goes the same way with my 2nd but different hospital and different OB. So here’s hoping. Please my husband says that I’m very persuasive and he always laughed when I said that they might make me wait… he comments back with usually… “Yeah right. After a few minutes of you yelling at them, they’ll drag the doctor themselves.” I’m not that bad but I like making others understand my thoughts. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->