Thick nuchal fold

MissBoss

Reaction score
Good morning ladies

I'm fairly new here and just been going through a lot of stuff this pregnancy. Most recent is they said at my 20 week ultrasound that my babys nuchal fold was 6.4mm when they like to see it below 6mm. The MFM suggested amnio which i declined or NIPT Panorama blood work which i will be doing tomorrow. Just would like to hear some success stories about a thicker then normal nuchal fold and baby being healthy. The next 2 weeks are going to be long while i wait for the blood test results.

Sorry you are going through this, i have no words of wisdom, just sending my love x

Have just been through this but at 12 week scan. We went straight and did NIFTY test as our hospital (NHS) couldn't offer us A fetal medicine appt until 14 weeks and I wasn't prepared to wait that long. Ours was 4.2mm when the upper limit at 12 weeks is 3.5mm. Had a 1:5 risk of Down's or another chromosomal defect. Of course we were worried about Down's but this,for us, was the least worrying and we needed to know about other more fatal chromosomal defects.

I had a lot of support online - I was told explicitly not to google but I found great comfort in other people's threads. You will realise that this is common and most threads I read had an excellent outcome. We also did. Still await anomaly scans but have been cleared for most problems. Did your radiographer (sonographer) tell you there were any other features on the scan?

We weren't given much info despite the hospital taking us to the comfy room and giving us leaflets about trisomies. Please do not panic - read around the subject, ask questions when you go for tests or scans.

Any questions please ask ... All the best and be kind to yourself whilst waiting xxxx

At our 12 week scan (12 w3d) our NT was 2.97mm with a cutoff of 3mm. We did bloodwork and it gave us a 1:18 chance of having DS (my hcg levels were too high but papp a and afp fine). We did the harmony test before those results came in but had to wait a week to get them. My ob said she wasn't sure how she felt about things. She started going over "options" before the harmony test was back. One of those "options" included termination she said and I about threw up because no that is not an option. Our harmony test came back the following Tuesday so 8 days later and everything was clear. All ultrasounds show no marker and all is perfect. We did a fetal echo as well because enlarged NT can mean heart defect but it was clear too. I did spend a lot of time googling and I was actually calmed some because most of the time with a borderline measurement things were completely fine. It was only a very small percentage things weren't fine.

Thank you so much for your replies. Gives me hope that everything will be ok.

My 12 week NT scan was great and my 16 week blood work was low risk as well. The anatomy scan at 19 weeks originally thought they saw a bleed on or around babys brain and OB referred me to a MFM who did a level 2 anatomy scan this past thursday. Thats when he mentioned the thick nuchal fold and no bleed found around brain that the previous tech thought he saw. He said everything else looked great. I guess because of the nuchal fold and my age he said my risk was 1:100 for DS. I pray that we get a low risk result from the NIPT we are doing tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers.

I am actually waiting on my results for CVS that I had done on Thursday. They are meant to be phoning me today.
Nuchal fold was 3.1mm at 12 week scan and my blood results were just outside normal. I am also a carrier of a robertsonian translocation and my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage due to trisomy 13. so my results came back as 1 in 5. Absolutely crapping myself waiting on the results xx

I am actually waiting on my results for CVS that I had done on Thursday. They are meant to be phoning me today.
Nuchal fold was 3.1mm at 12 week scan and my blood results were just outside normal. I am also a carrier of a robertsonian translocation and my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage due to trisomy 13. so my results came back as 1 in 5. Absolutely crapping myself waiting on the results xx

I am so sorry you have to go through this torture too. Pray you got good results from your CVS. I just did my NIPT Panorama test today Praying hard for low risk results. This is so stressful

I am so sorry you have to go through this torture too. Pray you got good results from your CVS. I just did my NIPT Panorama test today Praying hard for low risk results. This is so stressful

Unfortunately my results are not good. It has come back that my baby has patau syndrome/trisomy 13. Heartbroken. I've been booked in for a termination at the end of the week.
Really hope your results come back low risk, good luck xx

Unfortunately my results are not good. It has come back that my baby has patau syndrome/trisomy 13. Heartbroken. I've been booked in for a termination at the end of the week.

Oh love i am so so sorry!!!

I'm so sorry for your results amzliane. :(

OMG hunny, I am so sorry :hugs: This breaks my heart. I will keep you in my prayers that you find comfort and healing after this. Pray that in the further you have your healthy little rainbow. <3

DS had large NT at 13.5 weeks. I did the harmony test which came back clear. He was born healthy.

DS had large NT at 13.5 weeks. I did the harmony test which came back clear. He was born healthy.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad it all worked out for you. Gives me hope <3

I* was told my blood work at the 12 week scan along with my age came back with a 1 in 120 chance of downs no mentioned how thick the nuchal fold was and I didnt really think to ask, declined all further testing and have said what will be will be and tbh I havent really thought any more about it :flower:

Going by NT alone our chance of something being wrong was something like 1:8. We didnt bother with the normal blood tests that they base your combined risk on because we went straight for the harmony test.

Its a really good thing that your sonographer didnt find more markers. The doctor who did our sonogram said that there were no other markers like a small nasal bone and as far as he could tell at that stage the heart etc looked good. He said that at least in severe cases he would expect to see other markers or issues by that point. So he said that he thought there either was no problem or if the baby did have something wrong like downs it was on the milder end of the scale without any major heart problems etc.

I* was told my blood work at the 12 week scan along with my age came back with a 1 in 120 chance of downs no mentioned how thick the nuchal fold was and I didnt really think to ask, declined all further testing and have said what will be will be and tbh I havent really thought any more about it :flower:

I'm trying to to think about it too much but i find myself crying out of the blue because i'm so worried Its not good for my pregnancy

Going by NT alone our chance of something being wrong was something like 1:8. We didnt bother with the normal blood tests that they base your combined risk on because we went straight for the harmony test.

Its a really good thing that your sonographer didnt find more markers. The doctor who did our sonogram said that there were no other markers like a small nasal bone and as far as he could tell at that stage the heart etc looked good. He said that at least in severe cases he would expect to see other markers or issues by that point. So he said that he thought there either was no problem or if the baby did have something wrong like downs it was on the milder end of the scale without any major heart problems etc.

What did you harmony test show? I'm so glad the tech didn't find any other markers either Thank God

I'm so sorry to hear this :hugs: :cry:

xxx

What did you harmony test show? I'm so glad the tech didn't find any other markers either Thank God

The harmony test was negative which was a great relief. And found out he was a boy :)

The harmony test was negative which was a great relief. And found out he was a boy :)

thats so good to hear....hope my results are the same . how long did it take to get your results back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->