Things that helped post op

Mizze

Reaction score
Vitamin E
Zinc and
Arnica

:thumbup: All of which were recommended by a nurse friend of mine with 2 c-sections behind her - take as directed from the day of surgery

I didnt start mine till about a week in but the difference it made was noticable and my friend was pushing her pram around everywhere after 2 weeks with no issues.

So - what helped you?

Mizze xx

Thanks for the tip Mizzie, will defo add that to my list :thumbup:

The only thing I can think that I have learned, is to have a bedside cabinet next to your side of the bed, it helps to pull on it when trying to get up :winkwink:

Oh, another thing...Not sure if this is classed as somehing that 'helped'....But I found it a great idea, buy 'smart' PJs, that way you dont need to get dressed in those early days :winkwink:

LOL Kelly! Yes the rolling off the bed onto all 4's because I couldnt get off it any other way is an experience I wont forget in a hurry! Beside tables are a must!

Mizze x

Big knickers that come well up over the scar. Same for pjs or jeans. I got a bit freaked out if anything low waisted sat near my scar.

Oh yes!

I still have those BIG knickers- Strangely DH doesnt like them... :winkwink:

Mizze x

Haha! :rofl: The sexy big knickers (with huge VPL!)

Im still wearing them too, even though I promised myself I would chuck them once my scar felt better! :blush:

but they are so comfy....

Just dont turn sideways in the mirror - eeeek they make my Mummy tummy look HUGE!! :shhh:

Mizze x

get some adhesive remover as well!

I had my C-section on tues and removed the dressing weds I can't get the bloody glue off. No amount of rubbing in the shower or olive oil is helping!!

what has helped with my recovery vastly is after getting an infection, being told to dress my wound again to stop the rubbing so the wound can heal and having a bath with salt in it. Iv actually walked 2 miles today and im only 4 weeks post partum. These things have helped me vastly over the past 7 days, as I was getting worried that I was actually starting to feel worse and helpless and reading people on here say how much they were doing 2 weeks pp, and heres me i couldnt walk down the stairs without being in pain

Stick a giant maternity pad in the front of your big knickers over the scar... saves dressing and peeling/unpeeling sticky things.
It just adds a little bit of cushioning.. And it really sexes up those big knickers!!!
Mizze, what doses do you take? or are they all just sold in standard sizes (micrograms?) also, are they safe to take whilst BF?

Vitamin E
Zinc and
Arnica

:thumbup: All of which were recommended by a nurse friend of mine with 2 c-sections behind her - take as directed from the day of surgery

I didnt start mine till about a week in but the difference it made was noticable and my friend was pushing her pram around everywhere after 2 weeks with no issues.

So - what helped you?

Mizze xx

hey - can ask are the 3 items you've listed in tablet form ? and where did you get them from ?

sounds like they might be beneficial ! thanks ! :thumbup:

For me it would have to be peppermint cordial mixed with hot water to get rid of all the trapped air in your womb. This was so painful for me and travelled up to my shoulders :-( this hot drink helped loads! and lots of walking speeded up the recovery process for me x

Vitamin E
Zinc and
Arnica

So - what helped you?

Mizze xx

hey - can ask are the 3 items you've listed in tablet form ? and where did you get them from ?

sounds like they might be beneficial ! thanks ! :thumbup:

Yes I got them in tablet form - I THINK my Mum got for me from Holland and Barrett but I imagine that Boots would have them?

IIRC the Zinc and Vit E are immune system boosters and were once a day tablets with a meal. The arnica is good for bruising and swelling (internal and external!) and I think you can take them every few hours.

HTH

Mizze x

My Boppy pillow was wonderful to support LO during holding and feeding, also as he started to move his feet more it blocked him from kicking my scar. I also would sit on it to help get out of a low chair.

stocking up with easy to cook food helped me in the weeks after the c-section. So, I made a big lasagne and a big pot of soup beforehand and put both in the freezer in single portion sizes. Also things like tinned soup, beans and sausages, fish fingers etc - it can be hard enough to find time to prepare a big meal with a small baby to look after but when you're feeling tired or sore then it adds to the equation. and I used my pregnancy pillow to give me extra support when sleeping so I didn't have to lie flat. The other thing that helped was wearing my elastic-waisted pregnancy trousers for the first few weeks after the birth and also buying some trousers with a draw-string waist in a size up from my usual pre-pregnancy size for the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->