• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things to do in BRISTOL?? xx

Lydiarose

Reaction score
Hey girls,me and OH are going for a romantic night away next weekend :winkwink:

Were staying at the Bristol hotel and theres a 45min boat trip included in the package weve gone for! for either the sataday or sunday (were checking in 2pm sataday)

Ive looked at the forecast and its on/off rain most of the weekend :(
although that might change!

Has anyone got any recommendations on places to go and things to see in and around the area? xxx

Bristol Zoo is nice and lots of it is under cover.

I'm going to Bristol tomorrow for the weekend so I can update you on Monday!!! :haha:

We've got tickets for Bristol zoo at sunset because it sounded a bit different and we want to do the Gromit Trail and see as many of them as we can.

https://www.gromitunleashed.org.uk/trail/

This website has loads of suggestions for things to do

https://visitbristol.co.uk/things-to-do

lou (louandivy) used to live there i seem to remember. i'm sure he would be able to recommend you some places to go. enjoy yourselves x

I live in Bristol :D

Shame you're not coming this weekend as it's the harbour festival and that's always pretty good!

Erm, depends what you're into really. The harbourside and the centre are really pretty and you can just walk around and there are tons of restaurants and bars.
SS great Britain
Clifton suspension bridge
Could go and have a look at some Banksy, or there is TONS of other graffiti art places here.
Shopping is really good (park street or cabot circus)
@bristol and the aquarium, are right next to eachother in the centre
The zoo is 10 minutes from where you are staying

My minds gone abit blank! :lol:

I've been to Bristol once and hoping to go again as I didn't get to do half of what I wanted! I can remember it having amazing shopping and lots of nice places to go out and drink but it was a while ago now which is why I'm going back sometime soon :)

Definitely Clifton suspension bridge, I'd also recommend Stokes Croft/Montpelier for interesting independent shops, restaurants and cafes and if you like street art make sure you go check out Nelson Street near the town centre which is amazing for street art!

Thankyou girls we had an amazing time!!! Lou we visited Montpelier dan LOVED it went to a little pub called the cadbury somthing for lunch walked round etc was such a nice place!

we were in brewdogs bar most of yesterday bloody amazing atmosphere.

Really considering relocating we loved it so much x

Hahaha oh man I miss the Cadbury so much, I used to live like 2 streets over from there! Glad you enjoyed it, its an amazing place to live and so good for kids :)

We asked somone for directions to montpellier in the city centre,and you should of seen her face! she went ermm why do you want to go there? go down the harbour youll have a much better time!!! well we went to both and much prefer montpellier! do you know if its expensive to live there? also which part of bristol did you used to live? xx

Hahahaha god she couldnt be more wrong! Yeah montpelier is pretty expensive :( Especially as the houses are really big so you def would have to look for a flat. When Ivy was a baby we lived in Montpelier and our tiny 2 bed flat was 725pcm. Then we lived in an area around St George's Park which is really lovely and filled with families who want to live in montepelier and can't afford it :haha: The houses are much more suited to a small family and way cheaper. Easton and Whitehall are nice too :) If you move there I will be so jealous, I miss it soooo much!

Although when I say Easton is nice, it does kind of have an 'edge' to it and Stapleton Road is a bit dangerous but its filled with hippies and has a really nice community feel!

Honestlyy sinse weve come back i feel so depressed and just want to go back there! I hate where we live everyone we met were so friendly and we felt much more at home there.

Were looking into it if dan can get a job there or get transferred were 100% going!

do you live in brigton now? xx

Yep I'm in Brighton so I can't complain really, its very similar in many ways too - there was just something about Bristol which made it truly feel like home to me. I def think I will end up back there eventually! Good luck with job hunting and stuff hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->