Things To Try, To Encourage Labour!

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
Apart from the obvious ones like sex, spicy food, walking, what other methods (successful or not) have you tried, plan to try or heard of that can encourage labour?

I am not yet full term so won't be trying anything for another few weeks. I am aware, before any logical party poopers comment and say "labour is spontaneous, baby will come when she's ready!", I am aware of this but peoples responses will give me something to read and possibly contemplate when the time comes :) xx

My midwife recommended - A whole pineapple inc core a day for 7 days or 8 kiwis a day for 7 days.

I can't try either due to having GD!

Walkng 2 hours a day, bouncing on an exercise ball, hoola hooping to get baby more engaged - or you could just rotate your hips!

When I was induced walking was the only thing they recommended. Obv they couldn't suggest sex as I was in a hospital ward by then!

I find walking wears me out now but doesn't really trigger any braxton hicks. Will be trying that though!

I was gonna say walking wears me out quickly. But would do it sideways up the stairs eating a pineapple just to see the look on my husbands face when w comes home from work lol xx

With my first baby, as soon as he got into the right position, I started to stomp up and down the stairs or bounce on my birthing ball, and contractions would start right up. Nipple stimulation and pressure points also made them start. My baby was born 12 days early, as healthy as could be. This baby is in posterior/back to back position, and NOTHING starts contractions for me this time around. This time, I've tried lots of pineapple, spicy food, dancing, lots and lots and LOTS of walking, sex, stairs, bouncing, EVERYthing else I've read about, and I haven't gotten more than a couple of BHs with the tons of walking. Nothing else gave any results at all. I don't mind if he goes to 40 weeks, but I DO want to know that my body is doing SOMEthing to help things along. ;)

An old woman on the bus told me to try walking about the sitting room like a bear on my hands and feet with my bum in the air!! I havent tried it as I doubt I could get into that position :haha: Other things I have heard is going up the stairs sideways and down the stairs on your bum!! Dancing to some pretty loud music, swaying and bouncing all over the place as if you are drunk!! Good luck!!

Oh and I have been told to eat a lot of peanuts but I cant see how that would work!! :shrug:

i like this thread!! its amusing and interesting...i'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and the doctor said i'm probably good to go anytime now so i may try some of these for the fun of it in a weeks or so!!

I was watching "A Baby Story" on tv recently and the woman on there was taking teaspoonfulls of castor oil to induce labor. I don't know any more about it, but I thought it was interesting.

A friend of mine went for a pedicure at 38 weeks and she had no sign of labour before hand. the person doing it asked if she wanted to go into labour and she said yes and they massaged pressure points in the feet known to put you in labour and her water broke an hour later!

I would love to find someone who could do the foot massage thing! May look it up on the net an get hubby to do it lol

There was a lady on here who posted in another thread saying she copied a youtube video of how to do the pressure points and it worked xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->