• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things you want to do before baby arrives

Kate7590

Reaction score
Has anyone got a list of things to do before baby arrives?
Im thinking of making a bit of a 'to do' list to keep me busy until LO makes an appearance :)

Honestly, I did all that before getting pregnant. LOL Since most of my "to do" list involved our hobby - scuba diving. haha

Other than that, I want the nursery done, 100% done, finished, totally and completed ready for baby....by week 32-34. :haha:

Yeah we have a little list. Mostly cause we have done most of it now :thumbup:

The remaining things are :
1, Go for low lying placenta scan on 30th so can then discuss BP whether csec or vag.
2, Buy a few newborn items. (We were told we'd have in influx so only bought 0-3months n have had no newborn bought as others thought the same :dohh:
3, Hope my dream chaging bag arrives. (Looks like wont be till half way through Jan, but I have a backup)
4, Try and reduce any further montly outgoings n credit card with DH Christmas bonus.
5, General sorting of things. (This is more nesting though, reorganizing cupboards n getting ontop of washing etc)

Other than that it is really simple..... Enjoy our first Christmas in our own home and last Christmas just us two, and spend as much time together as possible :blush:

I did my main one .. Pass my driving test! Pheww!

Still have a few things left to buy

Buy EVERYTHING for my hospital bag ! :/
Pack hospital bag.
clear bedroom (for some reason half the loft has ended up in my room when we went up for the xmas decs) and it is all cluttering up the spot baby will be living in haha
Buy stand for mosses basket (oops)
Buy nappies!
Win the lottery...? lol

trivial things really, my list seemed more interesting a few months ago but I got most of it done! i.e ;
Pass my driving test
new carpet for stairs/hall/landing

It was mostly practical things I needed to do for my course, Christmas and prepping for baby.

But we did have a "fun" list as well because it's obviously different for a while once you're in the newborn bit, so we've had a list of films we've been to see, theatre, Lots of Christmassy stuff, things in London. We managed to sneak The Hobbit 2 in yesterday while DS was at nursery!

Laundry
Meals in the freezer
Home clean and organized for home birth
Have cloth diapers clean and ready
Spend some quality time with my daughter and husband
Stocked up food

And probably some other things I'm not thinking of. But basically just making sure everything is ready to go and organized. :)

Some things that have been on my mind;

Move into a perfect little home for my new family :) (should be happening in january, keep your fingers crossed for us!)
I want to go camping with my OH before baby comes if possible and after, later on hehe.
Get sorted financially so we have a monthly routine with money.
Get everything prepared for baby and our homebirth.
Work hard with my course so I can leave for my year out in a good position.
Meet other new families that are local to us so my baby has others to play with and we have a support network.

Nice to say it all, lovely thread :) Good luck to you all achieving your goals before your perfect bundles arrive X

Yes! There is a lot... Of the tip of my head:
Become a head teacher
Get my drivers license
Buy more essential furniture and set up living room
Decide if extra bedroom will be nursery or if we are going to share master bedroom with baby
Either way- set up nursery
Spend as much quality time with OH as possible
Go on a babymoon or two.
Save money every month + save most/all of taxes for maternity leave/baby
Plan/have baby shower

So far I haven't gotten anything done except minimal things because in so tired and sick all the time!

1. Pack bags for hospital

2. Wash baby clothes

3. Get meals prepared and frozen

4. Have LOTS & LOTS of mommy and daughter time

4. Get some sleep :haha:

Sleeeeeeeeeep!

I'm 34 weeks and during my pregnancy have spent 6 months in an acting manager role at work, covering workload previously done by 3 people, moved house at 6 months while hubby was having to work abroad on and off plus stupidly long hours while here, prepare for Christmas, various hospital visits due to pregnancy health scares (bleeding, car crash, illness) and all the while look after our 2 year old. I'm exhausted! And still got some baby shopping and hospital bag to sort.

And I'm on bnb at 2am because I can't sleep (hubby is snoring and lo puked up a couple of hours ago so I'm not in a restful place lol). Was hoping for some relaxation over Christmas but have been roped into extra hosting and designated driving which I'm not happy about but don't want to upset people. Fanily politics are hard... but that's a whole other thread lol. Oops I've turned a simple answer into a moaning session, sorry folks!

I had a list with my last pregnancy and another one for this one. They start off with big house hold things like tidy garden, fix lights in our upstairs that have been broken for years, last time decorate the nursery. Then they move on to more baby related things like pack hospital bags, wash baby clothes, buy certain things, set up Moses basket. I get a bit OCD when trying to organise things normally but I genuinely couldn't cope without my baby lists!

I need to do lots more clothes shopping and move houses!!!! The thought of it makes me stressed out!!

Redecorate living room and get new flooring down!
Then once the summer gets here tidy front and back garden.

I am only about 5 weeks though so I have plenty of time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->