Think I've made a decision on which nappies.

anteater

Reaction score
My primary concern is something that dries quickly as we have no radiators and no airing cupboard (stupid warm air heating).

Any suggestions are welcome, but this is my plan so far:

Muslin squares x 24 (for use as newborn nappies, as well as for everything else)

Terry squares x 24 (because they are handy for all manner of things as well as nappies)

Pre-folds x 24

Nappy Nippas (will 6 be enough?)

Wraps (how many do you think? Can I use the same wraps over Terry's and pre-fold?)

My primary concern is something that dries quickly as we have no radiators and no airing cupboard (stupid warm air heating).

Any suggestions are welcome, but this is my plan so far:

Muslin squares x 24 (for use as newborn nappies, as well as for everything else)

Terry squares x 24 (because they are handy for all manner of things as well as nappies)

Pre-folds x 24

Nappy Nippas (will 6 be enough?)

Wraps (how many do you think? Can I use the same wraps over Terry's and pre-fold?)

I have never used this kind of system - but your numbers seem plenty, wraps I would guess 4-5 maybe as you can re use them of course and if they are dirty you can rinse and dry them fairly quick.

Another kind you could consider are the flips with microfibre inserts - the outers dry in super fast time even just hanging in room temperature and the microfibres are pretty good too after a spin in the washing machine.
Depending how well your squares etc held up you could use the flips maybe for night time when baby starts to sleep longer than what the squares can take - if of course they cant handle it!

wss^^ tbh anything with microfibre inserts are perfect for air drying as they are really fast drying. It's not as absorbant as bamboo/hemp etc but we've never had a problem with it tbh even overnight when she is in it 12-14 hours.

id also recommend fleece pockets with microfibre inserts, they dry much quicker than our terry nappies/prefolds which can sometimes take 3 days to air dry :shock:

Ive used most nappies tbh and i find my prefolds take longer to dry than most nappies! So do the terries!!

I only air dry as dont have tumble drier and dont have airing cupboard either and i manage fine. I mostly use fitteds now which take about 48 hours to dry but as long as i have enough then it isnt a big deal.

I would say to invest in a few pockets too just to see how they work for you and the drying time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->