think this is early labour...

LostandFound

Reaction score
So i'm 39 + 5 with baby #2 today and am pretty sure the increased pain is early labour.... except i'm home alone. DH's boss wants him to keep stayng at work til he really needs to go start paternity leave. We just moved to a new place so i dont have family/friends nearby. Beginning to wish i had company for this uncomfortable part! What can i do to stay positive til the evening when DH and DD come home?

Horay for labour beginning, boo for having to be alone for this bit! How about a lovely warm bath? I remember spending a good couple of hours in the bath the last time around lol! Would it be possible for your partner to get a half day? You never know how quick things might progress. Good luck!

If you think you're in labour and its your second baby get your partner home now!
I know lots of people with second babies including myself and my friend. My baby was born in the bathroom floor. I had quite a lot of irregular not very painful early contractions which I didn't even think was labour at the time. Then I had a few minutes of very painful contractions. Waters broke and baby was born on my bathroom floor ten minutes later.

Seriously don't risk it just in case! My first labor was 30 hours so never thought it would happen to me!

Id take the time to rest up, take a nap. Watch some films and chill. Once your dh gets in have some fun and hope things start to increase :) good luck

If you think you're in labour and its your second baby get your partner home now!
I know lots of people with second babies including myself and my friend. My baby was born in the bathroom floor. I had quite a lot of irregular not very painful early contractions which I didn't even think was labour at the time. Then I had a few minutes of very painful contractions. Waters broke and baby was born on my bathroom floor ten minutes later.

Seriously don't risk it just in case! My first labor was 30 hours so never thought it would happen to me!

Ooooh hmm really? my first was an early induction so i have no idea what to expect here! Little one is at least at nursery so i could call myself an ambulance if it happens fast. Will see how the day progresses. Actually have a midwife appt in 2 hours so will ask her view and if she thinks i should get him home.

Ooh how exciting! Best of luck Hun! On the 2nd labours being faster bit though I have to say my second wasn't any faster and neither was my third, they were all around the same time, first pain (niggly pain) to end 18 hours, active labour about 5 hours each of them, so it's not always true second labours being faster, but if it's getting really painful get him home to be on the safe side :) hope this is it for you!

Still here! Hubby is home and pain is increasing a bit but nothing urgent yet. Altho on the way back and forward to the midwife, a few different ladies said i was about to go--- just random strangers passing comment! lol. Midwife said i'm doing fine and just hang in there. Hopefully won't be several days! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->