Thinking about EC, any help appreciated!

Kate&Lucas

& OH & Mush
Reaction score
Well we're thinking about at least giving it a try, since Lucas is SO obvious when he poos I'm fed up of watching him waiting for him to do a poo in a nappy I'm only going to have to wash when he's done!

My biggest question really - where would you get a potty for such a small bum? And any tips anyone might have, throw them this way please! :flower:

Thanks!

I don't use EC, but I talk to plenty who do! You can get the baby pottys (like the ones you use to potty train) and you'll just have to hold him on it. The holes are pretty small on most of them and holding him more toward the back will make him "fit" better on the potty.

https://www.diaperfreebaby.org/ has a lot of really good information on EC!

I love the idea of EC, but I'm too much of a chicken shit (no pun intended) to actually do it. I'm too afraid I'll miss her cues and end up with a lap full of pee! :haha:

Good luck! xxx

ETA: A lot of websites that are geared toward EC, like the one I posted above, will give you an idea of what pottys are best. They actually sell some on DFB, but they're in USD.

Asda's basic potty is pretty small & actually marketed as suitable from 4months :)

good luck

We don't EC but do use a potty to catch things like his first pee of the day or a poop if he's suitably dressed to get him on it :) all saves washing :)

I think the Baby Bjorn Little Potty is the favourite amongst ECers from what I've read and when I saw it in the store it's definitely smaller than a regular potty-training potty. For Emma we just have a regular sized one though and she fits on it just fine. We started doing what you plan on doing when she was about the same age as Lucas too. I found that if I pulled her activity centre up to her while she was sitting there and used the potty like a chair, it made it more fun for her and she actually enjoyed sitting on it. Good luck- it's great catching the poops before you have to clean them out of cloth nappies :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->