thinking about tring cloth nappies

Helabela

Mum to Sophie and ttc
Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted some advice, i havent really looked into this much but thought id come here and ask you lot first!! Sophie is 5 months, we have always used disposables, but, im thinking of saving money and helping the environment and getting some cloth nappies. I would probably use a mixture of the both as i dont fancy the idea of cleaning 'poopoo' cloth nappies!! Sophies quite good she seems to poo at the same time each day so id use disposables at this time (generally in the morning) then onto cloth nappies for afternoona and night. Just thinking about it at the moment, so definate decision but just some general advice would be helpful.

I use prefolds at the moment so a coth thats folded up and placed inside a wrap with a liner stuck in to catch the poo ( liners do catch most of the poo and im going to get some fleece and make my own or buy some off someone as i cant find flushable liners that are big enough so might as well use washable ones lol) im having issues with my current wraps though so looking into pocket nappys

i use a mixture of hybrids, pockets and all in ones.

there's a link at the top of this section or in my siggy that will load you with info of all the different sorts of nappy, places to buy them and all the lingo that you might come across :)
the poo gets easier to handle as they wean it just falls off the nappy.
Even if you use disposables your 'supposed' to put the poo down the loo but i don't know any sposie users that do that!

also recommend ^^^^ LS linky and wanted to wish you good luck. The poo thing isn't so bad really, sometimes i find it worse wehn she poops in sposies now!

I know LS, don't think i've ever known anyone who uses a sposie to put the poop down the loo, including myself!

I'd just like to say go for it. Try some different cloth ones out at first to see how you get on. You may well find that poo is not the problem you think it will be, but until you try, you probably won't believe anyone anyway!

Does your local council have a scheme? Some will give you money off or vouchers, some offer trial packs, and most nappy advisors will sort out a trial of some good nappies. Get some advice from your local nappy advisor if you have one, and if not, try an online advisor.

Here's a good site where you should be able to find out what's available in your area

https://www.goreal.org.uk/finder

I also have a list of nappy incentive schemes on my site (link below)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->