Thinking of Changing TTC day after getting engaged

Staceysparkle

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Me and my OH had planned to TTC after our holiday in May and I've been counting the days and watching my ticker gradually moving down and gettin more and more excited. I'd always said I didnt mind about being married before TTC but I got the best Christmas pressy ever when my OH proposed :happydance: Now I can't decide whether to put back TTC and wait until after we are married :wacko:

I recently came of the pill and was about to start taking folic acid and was getting all excited about the end of May but now I'm thinking maybe we should wait until after we are married :wacko: I really can't decide what to do and feel really bad for moaning as I'm delighted to be engaged. We have talked about wedding dates and would both love to be married at some point summer 2011 so I know its not that far away.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or has been in the past? My brain feels like a fuzzy cloud with half of my dying to go dress shopping and the other half wanting to be going to look at prams :wacko: Oops didnt mean for this to turn into such a rant lol

Congratulations on the engagement!! I wish my OH would get off his bum and engage me! haha.

Do what feels right for you hun. What would be the benefits of waiting another year, and what would be the benefits of trying now?

xxx

A couple of months ago we started TTC but due to unforseen circumstances we have had to put it back 5/6 months. Its killing me to have to wait that long when I had been waiting 6 months for the end of the year to come when we was going to TTC. I know it will go fast but still it hurts & upsets me to think I could of been pregnant by now!!

Do what you want and dont let others opinions/views change your mind! x

I personally would wait a little longer. Our wedding was one of the most stressful things OH and I have done but definitely the best day in our lives so far (I know, corny, but it's true). I'm not saying a wedding with a baby can't be magical but if it's just the two of you you'll be able to concentrate on it more fully. And you get to be a little more selfish as well and spend money and time on you two as a couple. I don't know how old you are but if you're in you early to mid 20s I'd definitely wait and give both wedding and later on your baby your full and undivided attention. I just think it'd be nice to enjoy both fully.

P.S.: TTC just before the wedding = very very bad idea. A friend of mine had planned her wedding for 6(!!!) years and then spent the whole reception in the toilet (8 weeks pregnant). Not fun for her.

Just butting in... but I was in your position.

We chose to TTC before getting married, thinking it wouldn't make a big impact, and it might take forever to conceive anyways.

Oops! :haha: It only took 2-3 months.

If you want a nice wedding with lots of family, friends, and a nice honeymoon together, I would recommend that you wait. We're still looking at honeymooning in south France, but we'll be bringing an infant. Let's be honest - it's a little less romantic with a newborn :nope: Also, when you are pregnant, you probably aren't going to have any energy to plan, not to mention the expense thing.

If you don't care for a big wedding (we actually just plan on doing the courthouse), then go for it. It sounds like you want to wait!

I have a girlfriend who had her big wedding when their son was 2 years old, and she told me to wait!! She regretted that! I didn't listen, but then again, I didn't want a big ceremony (or one at all).

Congrats!! I'm sure you will get so wrapped up with :wedding: stuff that if you delay TTC for a bit that it won't be too difficult!

Thanks for all your replies ladies :D

So sorry to hear you had to put back your TTC date bellaboo, I hope the time will fly by for you :)

I think me and OH are going to put TTC on hold until after we are married and will start planning asap so I've got something to keep my mind of babies lol.

Hiya - i thought about this too. although my OH hasnt popped the question yet and i dont expect him to anytime soon. We are ttc from May - i dont think i could put it back but then i do not want a big wedding and OH isnt really bothered about getting married at all - he really doesnt believe in it. So for us i wouldnt but everyones situation is different. As others have said - wedding planning will take your mind off it.

Congrats on the engagement xxxx

Hi hun, I was in exactly the same situation as you.

OH proposed December 1st, and we were meant to TTC in April. We oomed and aaahed about whether to TTC first or get married first, since it had never bothered us either way.
Finally we decided to wait, however we have booked the wedding already for the 11th sep 2010 (we always said if we were to do it we would just get it booked and go for it rather than wait.)

So since I have so much to arrange in just a short amount of time I am kept busy busy, making TTC on the backburner, to be honest I am not even thinking about it and the idea of my child and me and my partner sharing the same name and being a proper "gardiner" family (thats his surname) well its nice. Plus OH is very old fashioned which is nice too. :blush:

many congratulations on your engagement, we got engaged feb 2007, started ttc the month prior, we decided to go for the ttc and fell pregnant the oct :cloud9: now we've put the wedding first and ttc number 2 is waiting a while :D
good luck with what ever you choose :flower: x

many congratulations on your engagement, we got engaged feb 2007, started ttc the month prior, we decided to go for the ttc and fell pregnant the oct :cloud9: now we've put the wedding first and ttc number 2 is waiting a while :D
good luck with what ever you choose :flower: x

Congratulations on your engagement.

Personally I would wait until after you are married to ttc. I got married last year after a 8 month engagement and I think trying to find the time to organise the wedding with an infant would be a nightmare or I can't imagine what it would be like to have a baby to consider on the day.

Not to mention being in a bridal shop where a bride was trying to get a dress and was due just a week after her wedding in 6 months time!

Who knows what size she would have been or size of dress to order

Well just to add my own two cents.

My OH and I were TTC from April until September of 2009 - as we had made a decision to TTC before we got married. Then he proposed in July 2009 - and we set the wedding date for September 4, 2010.

Now we are waiting - at first it was going to be after the wedding - now it will be on/after our honeymoon which begins Oct 24, 2010.

Good luck with the decision !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"