Third tri headaches

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
So, with #1 I was plagued by migraines through the third tri. Not anywhere near as severe as I usually get them though, just the pre-aura loss of vision and it went away if I lay down - no headache or sickness like I'd otherwise have. Still proper sucked though.

So I've been pleasantly surprised not to have that at all so far with #2 (now almost 36 weeks). But instead for the past couple of weeks I've had really bad non-migraine headaches, more like a tension thing, but v painful - paracetamol doesn't touch it. Makes me v tired too.

BP always fine at checkups so not really concerned re PE, just wondering how to shift the bloody pain given the drugs aren't doing it. Anyone got any tips?

Have u tried the stick on migraine strips? They r amazing I suffer with horrendous headaches and these are great x

I've got the menthol, like, lip balm for your head thing, usually does the trick but it's barely cutting in with these.

I have the same, although I'm still only 2nd tri but I posted about them - they feel so debilitating and can last hours and hours.
Paracetamol doesn't always touch it but I have found sometimes the type of paracetamol can make a difference - the capsules rather than the tablets I find work better. I think it's because the casing dissolves quickly so the good stuff gets in the system quicker whereas the tablet takes longer to break down.
I have tried the migraine kool n soothe as suggested above - they help to a degree but I find they warm up too quickly for me. They might work fine for you though so please do try!
Otherwise a cold damp flannel does the same job and I also try and lay down in front of a fan too and just cover my eyes. As I said, the headaches can last hours and hours but if I do the above I find it eases just enough for me to get some rest and respite.

I have had a horrible headache all night and today.
Had to take painkillers was so bad.
Just having a lay on the sofa kind of day. No energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->