This is getting silly now.......

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I am desperate now! Chloe still wont fall asleep on her own. I can put her down fine at night but during the day and evening she will only stay asleep if I hold her,

Does anyone have any tips?

Afraid I cant offer you any help but can definatley sympathise with you as we pretty much have the same problem only Hannah cant settle herself at night yet either! :hugs:

Have you tried leaving her? Grace is hard to get to sleep on her own but we've found she will if we make her. Put her in her crib and then if and when she starts crying, wait for a few minutes and if she hasn't stopped, go in for a minute to let her know you're there. Then keep repeating it, leaving it a bit longer each time until you go in. Eventually she'll drift off. It's hard to do though, it's not nice leaving your LO to cry and not pick them up to comfort them

That's exactly what I do and it really does work - takes a lot of strength though but it's worth it in the end.

Grace is much better at sleeping now and finds it easier to drift off if she wakes in the night though xx xx

They outgrow this clingyness eventually anyways.Enjoy the cuddles while you can.Once their toddlers they dont want to be held anymore....Yes,it is tiring,but there are many moms out there in the same boat as you,me included.I just accepted it and for some reason I kind of enjoy it now instead of resenting it.

we've only just cracked it this last week. she's 13 weeks. we've made sure she's fully fed (that was the prob) then she goes down when i know she's tired. (can read the signs now). she goes down, dummy in,(that's something else new) if she whimpers we shush her and stroke her tummy. then she goes. she did cry the first night. boy did she cry. but it was only one night AND NOW I AM FREE!!!!

Hannah still doesn't go to sleep on her own, we put her to sleep holding her. But the past few days we've been laying her down during the day after she goes to sleep, sometimes she'll stay asleep (I let her sleep as long as she likes if she does though it's never more then 30 minutes or so) and sometimes she wakes up immediately (so we play some and repeat the process). I won't say it's easier than holding her because it's not, I still spend tons of time playing with her to get her tired and once I put her down I rarely have more than a few minutes before she wakes up. I do hope that as she gets used to it things will get better. She's been down on her own for 10 minutes now this morning :wohoo:

I have a routine now with putting Tegan to bed - Take her in bedroom with nightlight on, change her, catheterise her, change in PJ's and put in sleeping bag, put music on mobile, cuddle/rock her and sing for a few mins, then when she's sleepy (she starts smiling lol, so cute) put her in cot an she normally goes straight to sleep.

It takes time hun...im sure your little precious will start to sleep on her own soon :hugs:

If i want max to drift off without me holding him i feed him and then put him in his park with loads of toys , he will play , whine and then drift off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->