This Nickname / shortened name.?? Does it work??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
If I had a girl and had the name Lilliana on her birth certificate do you think I could get away with the nn Lila/Lilah/Lyla rather than the obvious nn of Lilly? The prob is I really love the name Lilah, but with our surname it sounds like a tongue twister: Lilah Lee, so I thought that if I used Lilliana, it sounds better with our surname (and I really love that name too), but couldn't imagine using it all the time iykwim. One of my daughters is called Madeleine, but I quite often shorten it to mads or maddie.

you can nickname someone as anything and it doesn't have to link to their name at all

I know a lot of people that go by completely unrelated names

Damon = Alex
Donna = Dixon
Richard = James
Danielle = Jordan
Jacquelin = Jaylin
and thats just the first few I thought of

some just prefer more exotic names, some use them because of work (stage names), some where nicknamed after relatives that passed shortly after they where born but the most common reason I find is that when they where little their sibling couldn't say the name so substituted another or object

I think if you introduce her as Lilah that is what she will be known as! Putting Lilliana on her birth certificate is a great idea as she can use the name when she's older if she likes :)

Really cute choices! :thumbup:

Both my girls have nick names even tho they have quice short names Neli and Nancy.... they get called Nel and Nance I dont know why lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->