this week: turning 35, getting married and first attempt ttc!

ela13

Reaction score
So it's a big week for me! I am looking for any advice for my first time around!?

Congratulations!!! and good luck!!!!

Probably the most helpful thing for me was using OPKs. I used internet cheapies (Wondofo on Amazon) followed up with ClearBlue digitals (with the smiley face) as it got closer to ovulation. I'd always ovulate the day after getting the smiley.

Thanks! I will get some asap! how often would you recommend testing? my OH and I have always been on the fence about having children due to some family issues we have faced in our 8 Years of being together. Then about 4 months ago something in my brain just clicked and I couldn't imagine not having a child! Luckily my OH feels the same way! We get married on Monday, birthday wednesday and I think I ovulate the weekend of the 22/23.... Ack! I am so anxious to get started!

Hi Ela! Happy birthday :cake: and welcome to the TTC craziness! I don't use OPKs, but I do temp. There's a great book that's considered the bible of all this--Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You could also go to this website and create a free account and watch tutorials on monitoring your cycle:
Fertilityfriend.com

You could also join the best thread in the universe here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...886-ttc-1st-child-35-a-1611.html#post23970235

If you're like most of us, you'll eventually starting increasing your supplements--you should start taking a prenatal now, if you haven't already--but that's the intermediate level crazy TTC. Beginning level is just monitoring your cycles and lots of lots of :sex:.

Hope it comes quick for you!

(1)Use temping to determine ovulation-use fertility friend www.fertilityfriend.com and I found it best to measure temp vaginally not orally.

(2) CBFM (clearblue fertility monitor) Better than OPKs this machine will tell you you high ,low and peak fertility days. So much easier to read than an OPK it measure 2 hormones not just one. BUT only temping will confirm you actually ovulated so do both!

(3) check your cervical mucus (CM)-look out for EWCM (egg white cervical fluid). When you see it make sure you have sex! It keeps sperm alive for up to 5 days. If you don't see it make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and try and check your CM by putting a tissue over your vagina whilst doing a bowel movement. Sorry I know that sounds foul but after being here for a while you'll stop being grossed out and embarrassed! If you still don't see much you could try evening primrose oil (EPO) 1000 mg per day. That helped me.

If I were you though I would just have sex every other day until your period is due if this doesn't work after 2 cycles then start all the temping and checking etc...all of that can be quite stressful so only start doing it and buying all the stuff once you've given it a good go naturally!

One more piece of advice. Ignore you age. I became so obsessed with it ...checking stats online etc. Be positive, exercise and keep yourself busy with other things!

Good luck!!

CX

thank you so much! it really does feel better being able to hear from you all! I really appreciate it and will be joining the other forum soon! I'm off to get married! I am in Asia right now (normally from US), my OH arrived yesterday and today we are eloping! :wedding: then lots of :sex:! HaHa!

Have a fantastic wedding! It goes by in a flash so take some time out for a few mins with DH to enjoy the moment!!!

Cxxx

Thanks ladies. Just an update... I'm now married, 35 and My very first round ttc was December and I had a chemical pregnancy. surprised I got pregnant at all and trying to be happy that husbands sperm is working and I'm ovulating. was still pretty crushing though, made me realize this may not be as easy as I'd hoped. hopefully my cycle will be normal this month and we can give it another try!

Congrats on your marriage! Happy Birthday! And good luck TTC!
Sorry for your loss.... Keep trying and hopefully you'll get your sticky bean soon. I think the key is not to stress anout it. Most of all, have fun :sex:

Thanks! yes, trying to just trust that my body knows what it's doing. I haven't been trying very long so I'm just going to be happy that I am able to get pregnant. I hope it is our year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->