Those doing any sort of hypnotherapy/hypnobirthing, what position do you do it in?

MindUtopia

Reaction score
Maybe this is an obvious question, but I've realized as I'm getting a bit bigger and a bit further along that lying on my back to do my natal hypnotherapy CD probably isn't such a great idea for too much longer. I tried lying on my side to do it yesterday, but I wasn't comfortable. I envisioned later on that I would do it in various birthing positions (sitting on a birth ball, leaning on a birth ball, on all fours, etc.), but I think it's still too early for that! Plus, I don't actually have a birth ball yet!

Can I do it sitting up? In some weird yoga pose? Etc. What have you found is the most comfortable way to sit or lie while you practice?

I can do it sitting up on the sofa, or laying on my side in the sofa and bed. You can still relax all your muscles even if you are having to use them if you know what I mean?

Thanks! I might try sitting up and leaning against the sofa to see if that works better. I just feel like when I'm on my side, my visualization is all off because I feel very tipped in one direction if that makes sense. Maybe sitting up straight will work better for me though.

At the moment, I'm doing it completely wrong by doing it in bed at bedtime, but I must pull my finger out and do it properly. Need to try it sitting upright before dinner, because after dinner, I'm just too lazy/tired...

At the moment, I'm doing it completely wrong by doing it in bed at bedtime, but I must pull my finger out and do it properly. Need to try it sitting upright before dinner, because after dinner, I'm just too lazy/tired...

I listen to my relaxing playlist in bed, but I doubt I'd get past the 'and now, it's time to relax' without falling asleep if I did it at bedtime :rofl:

Hi Mindutopia,
I started just like you and worried about the same thing, I too wasn't comfortable on my side. I've visualised labouring on my side while actually laying on my back, and have really had to practice on my side to relax, but I've gotten there eventually. You should have lots of time to practice if it's something you wanted to try, for me I had to accept that it didn't happen every time. I hope that's somewhat helpful. X

I do that too but I must say I do fall asleep! I'm going to start doing it at my daughters nap time, but no doubt I'll fall asleep then too!

I sit up slightly in bed, or sometimes in my left side.

I did it properly for the first time the other night, sitting upright on the couch before dinner and um, wow. I got a strange feeling, like I was the only one in the room, nothing else was around me, it was just me and myself and I. I also felt that everything about me was swollen- my face, my hands, my legs. It was a very strange feeling.

I borrowed a "Belly bag", like a doughnut shaped beanbag. You can lay on it on your front, with your bump in the hole. Very comfy, and great for back ache.

I did it properly for the first time the other night, sitting upright on the couch before dinner and um, wow. I got a strange feeling, like I was the only one in the room, nothing else was around me, it was just me and myself and I. I also felt that everything about me was swollen- my face, my hands, my legs. It was a very strange feeling.

Wow, that's so interesting! I feel like I mainly just fall asleep when I do it. The other day I swear I even had a dream when I was telling the baby about all the purple ponies I was seeing! WTF?!? :dohh: I definitely need to try that!

I borrowed a "Belly bag", like a doughnut shaped beanbag. You can lay on it on your front, with your bump in the hole. Very comfy, and great for back ache.

And a belly bag sounds awesome! My back is killing me this week, so I might need to find one of these.

Haha, googling "belly bag" brought me to urine drainage bags. Um, not quite what I was hoping for!

Wow, that's so interesting! I feel like I mainly just fall asleep when I do it. The other day I swear I even had a dream when I was telling the baby about all the purple ponies I was seeing! WTF?!? :dohh: I definitely need to try that!

We're getting all tripped out on heavy breathing.. love it :haha: Ina May would approve LOL

I finally got around to doing it sitting up on the sofa yesterday and I totally felt what you described with your hands going numb. It wasn't like numb as in when your foot goes to sleep, but more a pleasant lack of feeling and weightlessness. I was describing this to my husband later and he was like, 'well, if only we can help your vagina go numb for the ring of fire then maybe we're on to something!' :haha:

I have only just got the hang of it on my side and also get the feeling of numbness and swelling in my hands and feet, awesome feeling. I prefer to do it on my back but that is getting uncomfortable now!

I listened to the CD again last night and OMG. The part where she says something about sinking deeper and deeper, I truly felt it, like I was sinking through the sofa through to the floor. And anytime she said '3, 2, 1, relax', my head would bob forward or backward (depending on where my head was to start with) and I would physically feel my shoulders drop and my jaw open. The strange thing that I wasn't expecting was that I was still totally aware of myself, not 'hypnotised' as I would imagine it to be.

Just so, so surreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->