Those planning to bottle feed/bottle feeding

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
For those planning to bottle feed or are already bottle feeding which brand of formula are you intending on using or do already use?

I initially thought SMA but my mum said she fed me on cow & gate and found that better so now im looking at all the possibilites ..

Hi Holly, I had intended using SMA but I've heard from a few people that Aptimel (not to be confused with Actimel as my non-maternal friend did :rofl:) is meant to be the closest to breast milk on the market. It's a bit more expensive though.

I was raised on SMA and it didn't do me any harm though!! I'll probably chose between those two when my time comes x

I'm going for Cow&Gate

Me & my two brothers were bought up on it

Also I like the packaging Lol!!

xxx

My sister uses Aptimel (I had to think while I typed that then....) and she really rates it for the same reason Nic gave.

x

Yep aptimel is meant to be really good although i do use sma and have for both x x

when pregnant i was adament i was bottle feeding but wanted Rhiannon to have the one closest to breastmilk, so i choose aptimal, then i breast fed for 4 days and wanted her to get the closest taste so that the switch wouldnt be too confusing, gave her aptimal and she is thriving on it :)

stinks when they burp though :rofl:

Started on SMA but was combining feeding with Breastfeeding, shes now on Cow and Gate

Well I'm stocked up with SMA Gold.... that's what my mum fed my brother on and he had no problems with colic once!!!

My son was a very hungry baby and so i switched from SMA to cow & gate and now he is a very tall(he is 3ft 2") and very healthy 2 year old...If i am blessed with another baby i will definatly be using cow & gate again :)

I used SMA with my son mainly because its what my local store stocked. We were a bit lazy though and used the ready made cartons. Do aptimal do ready made cartons?

I recently read in the news paper that a certain SMA formula milk was recalled and taken off the shelves as it contained something or other that was harmeful... Maybe just watch out on that brand. :)

Cow and Gate, when she was a few months old i moved her onto Cow and Gate HUNGRY BABY (because she was!!) suited her fine, no complaints with it and would reccommend it and would use it next time! x

I'm not sure yet, have been taking a peek at what there is but already feel confused by it all!

i'll be using SMA I think although my friend used Aptimal on her two and said it was very good - I think they give you SMA in most hospitals - could be wrong though.

I used SMA with my son mainly because its what my local store stocked. We were a bit lazy though and used the ready made cartons. Do aptimal do ready made cartons?

yes they do do cartons for aptimal

i'll be using SMA I think although my friend used Aptimal on her two and said it was very good - I think they give you SMA in most hospitals - could be wrong though.

its usually sma or cow and gate you have to choose from

oh and i use aptimal :) sma gold wasnt for ella x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"