those who give a bottle of formula at bedtime

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
We have just introducted an evening bottle at 9pm. DD is 3 weeks old. It's so dh can help and I can rest. However I don't actually get rest because she cluster feeds before that time and Likes to comfort suck/feed after. So she oonly drinks 1-1.5oz max of formula. This may be a normal amount. If not, how can I encourage her to take more?

Can't be bothered to outline all my bf issues so far as I've posted about them many times. It just seems silly to give her a 9pm bottle for her to take very little. Typically is asleep around 10-1030pm so maybe a bottle then instead?

At 4 weeks I had hubby do a "dream feed" around midnight. I would go to bed at 10pm after feeding and the dream feed seemed to buy me a few more hours. He wouldn't wake her, just pop her bottle in her mouth and she would drink in her sleep. Probably doesn't work for everyone, but gave me back my sanity and some rest.

Tempting. .. doubt hubby would stay up late or get up without me ordering him to so I'd be awake but may consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->