Those who had apesiotamy with 1st baby

LeoTheLion

Reaction score
Hiya. Not pregnant (but want to be soon) however I'm so nervous about giving birth a second time after having episiotomy first time I case it splits .. Any one had a okay birth second time round after episiotamy? :)

With my first baby I had an episiotomy and a 4th degree tare. I have never torn or needed another episiotomy since having three more babies. I healed perfectly from it, not saying it won't happen, but it hasn't for me!

this is y worry aswell. i got cut badly last time and the healing process was awful :(

I spoke to a friend of mine who is a midwife about this as I had one with my first. She said that you are not more likely to tear because you have had one but if you do tear you are more likely to tear along the same line as it is now a weak spot.

I had an episiotomy with my daughter 15 years ago and i did tear quite badly with my second but the episiotomy was much harder and more painful in recovery x

I had an episiotomy first time around, and was fine with baby 2 and 3 :)

There was 3 years between my first and second though, so may depend on the age of your little one .
Good Luck ttc

I had an episiotomy with my first baby but I tore past it - ended up with a 3-4th degree tear - needed tons of stitches.

I had an episiotomy with my second - needed a fair amount of stitches.

I had a 2nd degree tear with my third - needed a small number of stitches.

I had the tiniest tear with my fourth - just a skin tear, no muscle ruptures - didn't need stitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->