Those who have been tested for GD

Cattia

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just dipping my toe into third tri today. Next week I have my 28 week GD test and I was just wondering how fast you get the results? I had the test with both my other two children but can't remember how long it takes. I'm actually really stressed about it. I haven't had it with either of my other two but I know I've really over indulged in sugar this pregnancy because since hitting second tri I've really craved sweet stuff. My dad is type 2 diabetic which is why I'm high risk.

Well i believe they do the hour test first, if it comes back abnormal than you get the 3 hour test. Don't stress to much about it

I've never had the test so I'm not too sure, hope it all goes well for you.

Welcome to third trimester :)

Thanks, I have the two hour test which is standard here, it's the same one I had last two times. Mummy to be I can't believe how close your DD Is, so exciting! I hope you're well xxx

I had the two hour test and the midwife called with the results the next day to say all was clear. It completely surprised me as i was expecting to be told otherwise too as i was on Metformin for insulin resistance before becoming pregnant and both my Dad and Nanna have diabetes. They tell you 7-10 days but yours will probably be back super fast as well!

Thanks, I have the two hour test which is standard here, it's the same one I had last two times. Mummy to be I can't believe how close your DD Is, so exciting! I hope you're well xxx

I know, I can't believe I made it.

Although there is no sign of this baby just yet :haha: did you find out the sex of your baby? X

I had the two hour test and the midwife called with the results the next day to say all was clear. It completely surprised me as i was expecting to be told otherwise too as i was on Metformin for insulin resistance before becoming pregnant and both my Dad and Nanna have diabetes. They tell you 7-10 days but yours will probably be back super fast as well!

Thank you, hopefully it will be quick. She did call back quickly to tell me all my bloods were clear after my booking appointment.

I know, I can't believe I made it.

Although there is no sign of this baby just yet :haha: did you find out the sex of your baby? X

Was your DD on time? Hopefully not too much longer! Yes we're having another girl :)

Lovely news Cattia! :)

No my daughter was two weeks late so I'm fully expecting to go very over due with this little man :) x

Usually the next day! Although my second test was done last Thursday but my OB was out of the office so I still don't know the results.

It should be the next day. I have had 2 this time and was told I would hear the following day by lunchtime if I had GD. Didn't hear anything from either test :)

I took my test last Friday and my doctor called me on Monday to tell me all was well.

Where I am it takes about 3-4 days to a week. But I think they call you sooner if they see anything abnormal.

I actually got told as my bloods were tested if they were higher than they should be. Then I got the "Official call" the next day confirming that I had GD. I think in most cases "no news is good news" as they try to be quick in getting you on the right control plan if you test abnormally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->