Those who put Converse or similar in the washing machine

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Just received a shiny new pair of Converse and I'm determined that they won't get filthy!

So, talk to me about washing them? I have a special shoes cycle onmy machine, I presume I'd use that? But what temp?

And how do you dry them? I presume tumbling is a no no?

Put them in a pillowcase to wash, no idea why its just a tip I was given lol xx

I'd put them in a pillowcase and tie the end of it. On a low temperature wash with a little bit of detergent and throw a colour sheet catcher thing in as well just in case (depends on colours I suppose), I'd dry them over the radiator definitely not in the tumble dryer.

I'd put them in a pillowcase and tie the end of it. On a low temperature wash with a little bit of detergent and throw a colour sheet catcher thing in as well just in case (depends on colours I suppose), I'd dry them over the radiator definitely not in the tumble dryer.

This.

I've also been known to put them in with towels to stop the thudding around :haha: then pop them upside down on the radiator, mine are white and still look pretty new even after wearing them to a rock club which is famous for it's sticky floor and beer/alcopop puddles by the end of the night :dohh:

Thanks everyone! Another silly question, do you keep the laces in?

I would do as above but take the laces out otherwise you end up with white laces which have dirty parts where the eyelets are.

This.

I've also been known to put them in with towels to stop the thudding around :haha: then pop them upside down on the radiator, mine are white and still look pretty new even after wearing them to a rock club which is famous for it's sticky floor and beer/alcopop puddles by the end of the night :dohh:

Please tell me said rock club is Corporation :D

I wash them in a pillow case at about 60 then put them on the radiator to dry. X

I put them in the machine and switch it on. :)

Take the laces out and put them in separately. Put a couple of towels in for padding and wash at 40*c
I love washing converse :)

Put them on a window sil (sp?) to air dry. Xx

i chuck mine in with towels, (stops them banging around so much)
i do take the laces out & put those in a zippy bag thing ive got, if your leaving the laces in then put the shoes in a pillow case so the laces dont get stuck in the holes in the drum.

40 degree wash as normal & dry on radiator. xx

I just shove mine in on a normal wash and they've always been fine :haha:

I wash them on their own or with bath mats but not towels. Always come out great! I hang them on the washing line to dry. Put the wash in before you go out though or the thudding will drive you nuts !

This.

Yep this is what I do. I've done it with converse, DCs and other fabric trainers and they come out great. My machine has an eco wash which is a quick and low temp wash and that seems to do it without ruining the trainers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->