• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thoughts and opinions please!

PinkPeony10

Trying to conceive
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! My husband and I are having a boy. I finally got my husband to choose a name that we both agreed on and I am kind of having second thoughts now. Not because I don't like the name, but bc I got online and was reading some pretty nasty comments about the name. It got me second guessing our decision. I still LOVE the name, but apparently, there is a lot of hatred towards this name and it is also a LOT more common than I thought. What do you ladies think about the name Jaden? *pronounced the same as Jayden*

We both wanted a more modern not overly common name...but I kept telling him that Jaden is VERY popular, and he didn't care. We both really liked it, so we chose it. We would most likely be pairing it with Riley. So his name would be Jaden Riley. What do you all think?

You will always find somebody who LOVES your name and somebody who HATES it, with a few inbetween who don't really have a view! I reminded myself of this whenever I read stuff about names I really loved but others didn't.

If I'm being completely honest, I'm not keen on Jaden as where I'm from it is a little 'chavvy' unfortunately. Also reminds me of Britney Spears which is never a good thing...

All that being said, if you love it then totally go for it and don't care what others say!

Love Jaden Riley - has good flow & very cute! It's slightly popular bc a lot of ppl like it!

Sometimes I've read comments that ppl hate the name bc it's a "made up name" - which isn't true. The name Jadon (same name, slightly different spelling) is in the bible and it means "God has heard."

It's pretty common here. I'm in north western VA so probably not too far from you. I say if you like it, go for it. =) Good luck!

I hope my post about hearing names like this didn't sway you in any way! I still really like this name, and if you haven't heard it a lot, then maybe it's still not popular in your area.

Thanks ladies! I really don't know what I want to do! I still love the name...I just worry too much about what others will think. Which is the whole reason we aren't planning on telling anyone his name until he's born. And of course...I made the mistake of looking online to see what others think. lol I only know of one Jayden and it's a former friend's sister's little boy. He's like 5 or 6 now. I've loved the name ever since I first heard it, but after reading all the negative comments about it, it worries me. I've read some pretty horrendous things from people on behindthename.com I don't care about people saying it's a made-up name. If I could come up with my own made-up name, I would. That doesn't bother me. It's the fact that people out there label the name to be trashy and low-class. I don't want my son being labeled that way. So I don't know. :(

Thanks ladies! I really don't know what I want to do! I still love the name...I just worry too much about what others will think. Which is the whole reason we aren't planning on telling anyone his name until he's born. And of course...I made the mistake of looking online to see what others think. lol I only know of one Jayden and it's a former friend's sister's little boy. He's like 5 or 6 now. I've loved the name ever since I first heard it, but after reading all the negative comments about it, it worries me. I've read some pretty horrendous things from people on behindthename.com I don't care about people saying it's a made-up name. If I could come up with my own made-up name, I would. That doesn't bother me. It's the fact that people out there label the name to be trashy and low-class. I don't want my son being labeled that way. So I don't know. :(

I think it's pretty ridiculous to label someone trashy or low class from their name...I mean the person didn't choose it, and people aren't their parents. It's an adorable name, and the only thing I find "wrong" with it is that it's too popular, but I'm just really, really weird :)

I think it's pretty ridiculous to label someone trashy or low class from their name...I mean the person didn't choose it, and people aren't their parents. It's an adorable name, and the only thing I find "wrong" with it is that it's too popular, but I'm just really, really weird :)

I totally agree with you! I've never even thought of people looking at a name and judging the way they do. There are a TON of names I do not like...but I would NEVER judge a child or their parents for the name they chose. Everyone has different tastes. It's one thing to dislike or even hate a name, but to judge a person or their parents for that name?? It just blows my mind.

I totally agree with you! I've never even thought of people looking at a name and judging the way they do. There are a TON of names I do not like...but I would NEVER judge a child or their parents for the name they chose. Everyone has different tastes. It's one thing to dislike or even hate a name, but to judge a person or their parents for that name?? It just blows my mind.
I guess to a certain extent I do it. An example of names I judge would be my list of names I consider "stripper" names, but one of the names on my list is my God daughter's middle name. I'm not crazy about it because of the image that is conjured for me, but I think that's my issue to deal with lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->