Thoughts on Elsa?

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
I really have been liking this name a lot lately, and it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to prefer it to the name DH and I had previously chosen, Elena. I brought it by my husband the other night and he...actually liked it! And he's really picky!

So what I'm wondering is, which do you prefer, Elena or Elsa? NN would most likely be Ellie either way.

...Also looking for middle names for Nolan! :haha:

Elena

Elsa is getting really popular and reminds me of the word 'ulcer'
Elsie is nice though x

I voted Elena. Don't really like elsa but I do like Elsie!!

I don't like Elsa one of our friends has a dog called Elsa and I can't think.of anything else when I hear the name! Sorry!

I like both names, but prefer Elena. I think it's a gorgeous name that transitions well into adulthood, and it sounds a bit more youthful than Elsa while still being sophisticated. Don't know if that makes sense when I type it out, but it does in my head :haha:

Thanks for the thoughts so far everyone. Keep em coming! All helps me think it through. :flower:

I love elsa but its too disney popular right now!! Doesnt mean it wouldnt make a gorgeos name as many disney princess names are timeless, its just not my cup of tea. I however LOVE elena and considered it for a girls name nn lanie (ur nn is cute too). Good taste either way! :)

I think Elsa is so pretty :)

Middle names for Nolan?:
James
Carter
Ryan
Connor
Clark
Rhys

I prefer Elena.

Nolan James
Nolan Jack
Nolan Lee
Nolan Scott
Nolan Alexander
Nolan Elliot

I love the name Elsa but because its very popular right now kind of turns it off for me. Kind of like Isabelle/a, very popular due to the twilight, and I have a cousin who named her little one that. I personally just get turned off by those very popular names. I don't want my child's name to be so out there, but at the same time I don't want like 3 or 4 other kids in their class to have the same name either.

But I love Elena as well. I have a friend growing up named that and I love it.

I chose Elena. Both are lovely but there will be soooooo many girls called Elsa this year due to frozen.

This is all true. Sometimes I wish Frozen didn't get so popular since I liked the name before that. It's like how Twilight ruined Isabella for me, where that used to be one of my favorite names before. I really don't like top 10 or popular names usually, as I was always one of many Nicole's in my classes and hated it. It's another reason I like Elena, TONS of cute nn options and very beautiful for all ages. :thumbup:

It's so funny how Elsa is so popular now! I have loved the name (from 'Born Free') since I was little and everyone thought it was odd or hadn't heard of it. I tried to convince OH when we were team yellow with Micah but he also said u 'ulcer' thing, I thought he was just being annoying!

Yep, I was going to say that too, it's Disney poplar, that's a turn off for me. But we like unique names and were so upset when our oldest, Brooklyn, has 4 other Brook/Brooklyn's in her class. So for DD2 we chose Ireland, hopefully won't be another of those within our small town.

Personally not a fan of Elsa regardless of the popularity issue.

Elena is a gorgeous name and I love the nn Lena and Ellie!!

MN for Nolan:
Nolan Alexander
Nolan Oliver
Nolan Thomas
Nolan Tyler
Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Christopher
Nolan Joseph

I know a grumpy little old lady called Elsa and that's all I think of when I hear it. Lol.

That's where I loved it from too - Born Free. I remember watching it with my parents when I was younger. :thumbup: DH still likes it, luckily. Blah so torn on it.

The only Elsa I know in real life is 60 yrs old and mean as hell! So I've never liked the name.

Thanks to Frozen - there will be a ton of babies named Elsa this year! I think it will be crazy popular!

Elena is a gorgeous name!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->