Thoughts on girl names please :-)

hubblybubbly

Reaction score
So, I was convinced number two was a boy and we ha finally decided on a name....today we discovered he is in fact a she at a 4d scan...completely surprised but very happy...but now stuck on girl names.

Please can I have your opinions on our list, and how they go with our first daughters name- Willow.

Matilda
Autumn
Pixie
Elizabeth
Rowan
Meadow

Thank you!
X

Matilda - Cute
Autumn - I don't particularly love this name, but I like it paired with Willow
Pixie - Dislike
Elizabeth - Okay
Rowan - Really cute
Meadow - Too matchy with Willow

Matilda (classic and sweet could nickname to tilly)
Autumn (my friends babies name goes lovely with willow)
Pixie (not a real name imho cant imagine a full grown woman with this on her diploma)
Elizabeth (classic nice and lots of nickname options)
Rowan (dont like, this is a boys name to me)
Meadow (a bit to hippy-ish for me)

Of those I like Elizabeth the best. Meadow is okay too. The others I don't like.

I love Rowan for a girl! Its a very graceful name! Elizabeth is classic though if you want a 'safe' name.
I'm afraid i'm not feeling Pixie though....imo i think your daughter would grow out of the name rather than into it like the others!

Matilda - Cute and it's really grown on me lately. A definite yes.
Autumn - I have always loved this name and it goes GREAT with Willow.
Pixie - To be totally honest....no. It would be a little cruel naming a child this. Maybe more of a guilty pleasure. I have a whole huge list of those myself!
Elizabeth - Lovely, classic, too common for my personal taste, but always a lovely name.
Rowan - Great! Becoming pretty popular, but if that doesn't bother you than it's a yes!
Meadow - I have a ton of nature names I love, but this isn't one of them. Middle name, totally. But not for a first name.

Hey!

Matilda - Love!, but I don't think it goes great with Willow.
Autumn - Dislike, but suits Willow.
Pixie -LOVE LOVE LOVE! and it goes great with Willow!!!. I have always loved Pixie, but I don't know about actually using it, maybe a bit too "out there", but then I don't know, names are getting more unique these days so would it really sound so "out there"?, no more "out there" than Autumn or Meadow I guess. There is a doctor on Embarrassing Illnesses called Pixie and it suits her, so it can work for an adult and professionally. I would say if you use it choose a more common middle name so she has the option to go by her middle name in her adult life if she prefers. Pixie Matilda or Pixie Elizabeth would both work well.
Elizabeth - Dislike and it doesn't go with Willow.
Rowan - Love, but only as a boys name. Goes ok with Willow.
Meadow - Dislike and sounds too much with Willow.

:flower:

Hey!

Pixie -LOVE LOVE LOVE! and it goes great with Willow!!!. I have always loved Pixie, but I don't know about actually using it, maybe a bit too "out there", but then I don't know, names are getting more unique these days so would it really sound so "out there"?, no more "out there" than Autumn or Meadow I guess. There is a doctor on Embarrassing Illnesses called Pixie and it suits her, so it can work for an adult and professionally. I would say if you use it choose a more common middle name so she has the option to go by her middle name in her adult life if she prefers. Pixie Matilda or Pixie Elizabeth would both work well.

actually pixie is her nickname, her real name is Dr Bernadette Anne McKenna

Hey!

actually pixie is her nickname, her real name is Dr Bernadette Anne McKenna

Ah, I didn't know that, but this only goes to show that Pixie can work, the fact that she chooses to go by it even though it isn't her real name.

I love Willow and Rowan!!!

Not a huge fan of Pixie, Autumn or Meadow, sorry. Elizabeth and Mathilda are really beautiful as well but I think Rowan goes so nicely with your first daughter's name!

Congratulations on your little pink bundle :flower:

Matilda - I Like :thumbup:
Autumn - Goes well with Willow but is a bit 'harsh' sounding iykwim :shrug:
Pixie - Not sure it would stand the test of aging with her :nope:
Elizabeth - Not really a fan of this name, and doesnt really go with Willow
Rowan - Different, but I think of it more as a masculine name. Perhaps its an area thing :shrug:
Meadow - Unusual and cute (only heard of one Meadow before - in the show Soprano's), goes well with Willow :thumbup:

Thanks all, a lot of my suspicions and concerns have been voiced so really helpful :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->