Thoughts please?

x Zaly x

Mum of three
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right place and sorry if I upset anyone but I'm looking for some advice.

On Saturday I started having severe pain in my abdomen down the sides and the bottom, I wasn't due a period for another week or two so I thought I had a stomach bug or something. Then suddenly when I stood up I started my "period". Usually it starts very gradual but this time I was flooded super quick (sorry tmi) so anyway I went to the loo and it kept coming quite heavy, I never thought much other than I had started early and it was a bad one. On Sunday morning I woke up in pain again and felt something coming out of me so I went the bathroom and found two fairly large clot things with white/ grey stringy bits on it. Just to add I never ever get clots on my period, not even little ones so this was quite shocking to me. I phoned the doctor and told them and she said it sounds like it could of been a very early MC since I don't usually get stuff like this happening but since it was early there's no way to tell for sure. She said it could of been a heavy period but I feel like I know my body pretty well and this was very unusual. I guess I just wanted people's thoughts and opinions on it? Thank you in advance x

My feelings are that if your period wasn't even due for a couple of weeks, it's unlikely to be a miscarriage.

Thank you for your reply. I don't know if this makes a difference but my periods are still a bit all over the place since I had my dd a year ago. they are quite spaced out usually 8-10 weeks apart..

Ah. I can see how that could be confusing then if they're not very regular. Did you try taking a test? Do the Drs not want to see you or anything?

No I didn't take one because the doc said if it was a MC it would of been really early and may or may not show anyway. I guess I just wanted an opinion on it. I know il never really know what happened its just its never happened before and the pain was intense for a period..

Most early miscarriages are not that heavy, though some can be. Take a test, the sensitive ones can still detect HCG left over from a miscarriage for up to 2-3 weeks (I know that one from experience sadly)

It's entirely possible that you had a cyst rupture (many women don't even know they have one) and that's what caused the bleeding, pain, clots and other bits. If it concerns you however, I suggest contacting your Dr ASAP

I am going through a missed miscarriage right now but it is technically an early miscarriage because the baby measured only 6 weeks at my 9 week scan. I am on day 8 of bleeding. It started as light brown discharge that gradually got heavier but I only went through 4 pads in 24 hours on my heaviest day so it didn't even get as bad as the first day of my period. It is now starting to taper off a bit and the blood is also turning dark red/brown instead of bright red like it was a couple days ago. The reason I am telling you this is to give you an example that not all early miscarriages have super heavy bleeding. Some do and you'll read their horror stories, but not everyone is required to bleed the 1 pad an hour that doctors always warn you about. That much bleeding is more than likely from hemorrhaging and requires immediate medical attention. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if it is a heavy period or a miscarriage. The only way to know is to get into the doctor asap to have your hcg levels checked. They sometimes take time to go down so you may still find some in the blood to know if you were pregnant or not.

I'm so sorry you are going through that!!!
I'd personally feel as though it could be a miscarriage. . It may not be early either if your period are 8-10 weeks apart and you were 2 weeks from it , which means you could havr been 6-8 weeks!!!
Everyone's bleeding is different and with my second miscarriage (not a mmc) I started bleeding and my tests were already negative by the second day , it was bad bleeding and clotting...
My 3rd loss (mmc) I had a d&c, so virtually no bleeding but 13 days later I had intense horrible labor pains and finally passed a weird chunk of whitish stuff and a couple clots , then I felt better.. it ended up being left over stuff from the d&c .
This mmc I chose medical management and I started having contractions and finally passed the baby and then the horrible bleeding and clots happened.. I assumed I was passing the placenta during this time.. it hurt so bad, I had 8 baseball sized clots come out within 32 minutes .. along with all the gushing.. I thought I was going to bleed to death (even when they said I'd bleed a ton, it never really prepares you to see that) after about 2 hours of gushing blood and tons of clots it slowed down.. and finally stopped that night to light spotting then by the next day nothing.. it's so hard to know because all 4 of my losses havr been different in the way of bleeding, but it's very very possible!!!!

I'm sorry. The not knowing is stressful. I actually bled and cramped more than I expected for such an early loss. It's hard to go on that either way. It sounds like you feel you had a miscarriage. If that's what your instinct is, definitely acknowledge your feelings and grieve properly or whatever you need to do in order to honor those feelings. I hope that you can also get in for an exam to make sure you're in good health.

Thanks ladies for all the advice and kind words, much appreciated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->