Throwing up after every feed

Annahilditch

Reaction score
My DD is a month old and EBF. She is gaining weight well but throws up after every feed. All the midwives I've seen assure me it's. A posset and it's normal but it's every day. Sometimes it's fresh milk sometimes it's curdled. We get through about 5 outfits a day. Anyone else in the same boat? I try burping her, feeding her more upright, keeping her up after feed nothing works. Help please

If it's not causing your LO any distress then it is normal and just something they will grow out of. My youngest was like this and he is still sick once every couple of days. I found putting him in his bouncy chair after most feeds really helped xx

Babies throw up its normal lol and some are refered to as 'happy chuckers' where they throw up a fair bit but are generally happy and are still gaining weight.
But from my experience it could be reflux, or an intolerance. My 2nd DS is lactose intolerant.
So a few things you can try taking things out of your diet. Try taking dairy out of your diet for two weeks and see if you notice a change.

My EBF lg started throwing up a lot around two months. I've never eaten dairy or soy. She's had silent reflux since she was born but it wasn't as bad around two months so I wasn't sure it was that since she didn't seem uncomfortable. It was also suggested to me that she was eating too fast and/or too much. I tried limiting how much she ate, how fast she ate, how often she ate and none of that helped. After a lot of trail and error I found it was a type of bacon I was eating and my vitamin. I've stopped both and so has the spitting up. I hope you find what is causing it! I know how frustrating and worrisome it can be. I also got tired of hearing, babies spit up. I heard that from the pediatricians mostly. I just couldn't accept that this was normal.

I found this with my DD. It always happened when we burped her over a shoulder. We stopped that, and she stopped being so sick. I also worked out that if I drank orange juice, she would be sick too x

I don't have a solution, but I'm hear to say I know exactly how you feel and sympathize with you.

My nearly 4 month old daughter brings up her feed regardless of the amount or time of her last feed. Often she's still spitting up at the time of her next feed. Sometimes it's like water, other times it's curdled and sticky.

I've tried burping her heaps (she rarely burps), sitting her upright during feeding, sitting her upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding, making sure I don't give her tummy time until before her next feed and only changing her nappy right before her next feed (if possible).

Only advice I can give you to stop the outfit changes... buy lots and lots of bibs. The plastic backed ones last longer, but I can go through up to 8 bibs with her a day - and have spew rags on hand everywhere!!

I did the same thing and expressed my concerns with the nurses (multiple times) but since she's still gaining weight and isn't in pain, they're not worried at all and say it's just a part of her nature.

If your lo is happy and gaining weight it's not really something to worry about. My lo would throw up after almost every feed and sometimes it would even appear to be everything she ate, our laundry machine was constantly going. She was having slow weight gain from it though so her doctor put her on ranitidine and it seems to be helping, her weight gain has gone up and the throwing up is less but not gone entirely.

Sounds normal to me. Remember that a little bit of sick can go a LONG way so it can seem like there is a lot but usually it's only a little bit really. If LO is healthy and happy, just invest in some good bibs and keep a pile of muslins close by at all times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->