Throws up from a bottle?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi. My almost 4 month old is almost exclusively BF'd, however I would like her to have the odd bottle so that I can go out in the evenings. She does take the bottle, however every time she has formula, she throws it almost straight back up. She is better with pumped but still often throws it straight back.

She was sicky as a newborn but that has now almost gone when BFing. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the teats being too fast as she seems to drink it very quickly in comparison to BFing.

I'd love to hear similar stories or advice on what to do, what teats work best (I'm using tommee tippee) in terms of flow. So far I've used 0m+ vari flow and 3m + medium flow. Using aptamil ready made formula. I don't want to use comfort/heavy milks because of constipation issues.

Help please!

I'm not sure how to fix it but my son was formula fed and was always a very sickly baby. He wore bibs all the time because he was always puking. We tried everything but couldn't stop it. Now with my daughter who is breastfed she rarely sicks up. I think it's just bottles in general, they always take in air with bottles and when the air comes back up it often brings the milk with it.

Sounds like it's coming out too fast or is too much. Definitely use a slow flow nipple and maybe only give 1oz, burp, then offer another oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->