Thrush or Pregnancy?

Tigerlilyb

Mum of one each
Reaction score
I nursed my LO through my first trimester with very little issue, maybe a bit of a supply drop but no big deal. However I hit 10 weeks and suddenly it was immensely painful! I had to grit my teeth when she latched and then choke back sobs when the milk came in, it was like tiny knives through all the ducts.

Thinking it was just my supply drying up and hormones going crazy I weaned her, it was not what I wanted to do at all but I just couldn't take the pain any more after 3 weeks of persevering :cry: I do miss the cuddles and closeness but she took it so well. She only had one tearful night when I said no, but apart from that she's been great.

I'm now almost 16 weeks and still in buckets of pain, my nips are incredibly sensitive and I'm having sharp pains go through them right to the back of my boobs. I remember similar pain with my first pregnancy but I don't think it lasted this long. I've also got white spots on the ends of my nipples which I don't think is milk or colostrum, could it be thrush?

Sorry for the essay, I waffle a lot.

Sounds like it could be thrush to me. The dr jusy prescribed cream for me and gel for baby a few weeks back and I had symptoms almost identical to yourself. Might be worth having the doc or HV habe a look :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->