Thrush

Frooty

Reaction score
I have thrush at the moment and its annoying me! I've tried canestan duo the pessary and cream but it's come back I didn't use the cream that much so don't know if thats the problem or if theres anything else I can use?

I've had thrush quite a few times in the last year and use the cream and pessaries but it always comes back, got it again recently and used the pill with the cream instead and so far its worked.

Best thing for thrush is natural live bio yoghurt (with the active ingredient acidophilus), I've done it the last few times and it cleared it up after a few days, the Canestan products don't work for me. Put the yoghurt all over the vulva and insert some inside with your finger (do this a few times to get enough in) or if you use tampons, cover a tampon in yoghurt and insert it. I repeated it prob every 2 hours. Plus, because the yoghurt is chilled it is sooooo soothing for the itch!.

It is safe to do this and even the NHS website suggests it:
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Thrush/Pages/Treatment.aspx

:flower:

I feel your pain! I keep getting recurrent thrush. There might be something your GP can give you which is stronger than canesten duo.

Hope it clears up soon x

I've had thrush almost constantly since I turned about 16. No amount of Canasten helps and it's def thrush, they've analysed it. Even I've analysed it under my own microscope! I've tried yoghurt to no avail. I hope they make a super cure one day, damn, it itches!

Varenne I hear yah! I get thrush every single month just before my period. I have to take 2 canesoral tablets 3 days apart. Then without fail its back again the next month. I've tried everything but nothing stops it from coming back :(

The drs think I have developed a candida allergy so even though there is not a lot of the candida around I get the pain and itching... It actually makes me quite depressed sometimes and effects my relationship because sex is painful. I wish all the time for a cure...

I finally went to the GP about it and he gave me some tablets to take for a week then if it doesn't clear up i have to in for them to take a swab make sure it is thrush and not something else .. the itching has gone thats not been that much of a problem its the discharge :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->