Thrush?

cait

Reaction score
I have stabby pains in my left breast between feeds and a small milk blister that hurts when LO latches on. It's only in one breast though and no signs in baby such as white gunk in gums. Could this be thrush or would the milk blister alone cause breast pain? I've recently changed the position for feeding on that side which has helped the pain a little.

Yes milk blisters are incredibly painful. It's a clogged duct near the nipple. Changing positions will help unclog the duct. You can try warm compresses, nursing frequently, gently scrubbing the blister in the shower, or using a sterile needle to gently scrape the surface. It's like a pimple, once it's broken, all the trapped milk can escape.

Hope you can get rid of it soon!

Thank you. I'll work towards getting the blister cleared and hope that solves the breast pain too. Appreciate the advice

Just wanted to add that I had asked my LC about thrush at one point and she said if it wasn't in both breasts, it was very unlikely.

Good luck!

Thanks TXJen, that's what made me wonder. Blister remains today so will do more compresses etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->